Diabetic NSV!

Options
Went to the doctors today to get my blood work results. My previous A1C was a 9.7. This time it was a 6.6! 7 and below is considered optimal for a Diabetic. My fasting bg was a 85! And my cholesterol is very low. I am so excited to see that my moderate diet *the 1800 calorie Diabetic diet, including just eating lower fat, carb and cholesterol, along with moderate exercise is actually working! I have yet to starve on any day and I eat plenty of food. I don't kill myself at the gym but do a slower pace treadmill or swimming. And it's WORKING!!!

Having had a heart attack two years ago at the age of 37...this is a very big success for me. This victory is literally a matter of life or death in my case. I'm a very happy camper today!

Replies

• deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    AWESOME BEST NSV!!! Congrats! Keep up the good work.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! what a great way to measure off the scales. I to have seen medical numbers drop and it is worth a "happy" dance.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    6.6 is soooo good, heres to your healthy lifestyle!!
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic too and have finally realized that eating healthy & excercise really helps the blood sugar numbers. That is so awesome about your A1C I really need to work on getting mine down to where it should be. Congrats.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!!!
  • dragonmaid78219
    Options
    I too am Diabetic and it was encouraging to read your post and to know that if I keep at this my health will get so much better. I am so happy for your determination. It gave me the perk I needed to know that in the end this is all worth it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!