csection scars

Options
Anyone have a success story involving csection scar? I have a scar that makes my belly sort of, hang funny. It's been 5 years since I had my son and I am wondering if the "pooch" will ever go away? Pictures would be very helpful!

Replies

• erikalooze1
    erikalooze1 Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Anyone have a success story involving csection scar? I have a scar that makes my belly sort of, hang funny. It's been 5 years since I had my son and I am wondering if the "pooch" will ever go away? Pictures would be very helpful!
    I am just hopping back on the band wagon. After losing 40 lbs 2 years ago, I'm ready to get the 7 I've gained plus another 25 lbs off! I'm only 3 days in, but ready to get the rest of this baby weight off!
    Just to give you an idea, this is what my stomach looks like :neutral_face:pmyw7iw7kofh.jpg
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately all the exercise in the world doesn't get rid of the 'shelf', however losing the weight and general exercise makes it appear flatter. I've had three sections and have learnt to accept my little shelf! !! It's nature's way of reminding us of our beautiful babes x
  • SaraJaneNolan
    SaraJaneNolan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine is sort of the same, my doctor cut my stomach muscles instead of just separating them as they usually as my baby was very large, in a funny position and my blood pressure dropped badly very quickly. When i first started to exercise i couldnt lay flat on my back and lift my feet off the floor with my lower abs, it was honestly impossible. I really was trying and my feet didn't move at all. Ive slowly over the past 18 months built some of the strength back into them but its slow and painful. My little one is 3 now. Its also fat deposits as well so i do general cardio since you cant spot reduce. Ive gone from my stomach measuring 108 cm to 86cm from 1 january 2014 to now
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The scar tissue around the incision is tighter than the tissue on the rest of your tummy. That's what makes it look 'pulled in'.

The best non-surgical option is to reduce your body fat. The less abdominal fat you carry, the less 'pulled in' the incision will look as there will be less difference between the areas and less 'pooch'.

There is no specific exercise to reduce tummy fat as fat loss is not site specific. However combining strength training (ideally weight lifting) and a calorie deficit (with some cardio if you enjoy it) will make the area look better faster than just eating at a calorie deficit without exercise.

I had my son via c-section 28 months ago aged 30 and my scar is flat as a pancake, if you couldn't see the scar you'd never even know it was there. I put that down to being lean and strength training. You are much younger than I am so you will have more elasticity in your skin, so you should be able to see a good improvement.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As you lose fat, it will become less noticeable.
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My scar is only 11 mo. old but I have the shelf and my plan is to lose body fat and then have a tummy tuck.

This thread has pictures, although since it's old, a lot of them have been lost/removed.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/670678
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!