What other foods are good for gaining?

Options
I eat a lot of potatoes, oatmeal, eggs, rice and beans, whole wheat bread, veggies and fruits of course. Tuna. My girlfriend suggested I eat more sweet potatoes but what else can I make to eat? Oh and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Pasta! I have a ton of spaghetti I'm going to devour when I get home.
  • patricetaylor295
    Options
    Oh ya I forgot about pasta! Thanks
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ice cream, bagels, cookies, steak, bacon, pork, etc….basically anything that gets you in a surplus and meets macro/micro goals
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    steak and gravy, pizza, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, lots of bread, potatoes,french fries, of course most people who eat fast food are fat but that is not healthy, oh yes, mik shakes and ice cream especially sundaes with gooey nuts. can you tell I am fat? lol
  • patricetaylor295
    Options
    Lmao you're too funny. I can't eat a lot of sweet dairy stuff but I'll definitely start eating bacon again! I thought that was something I shouldn't be eating. Thanks for the advice guys!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    milk
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    milk

You forgot to add 'shakes'
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Pasta! Cheese!
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lol, isn't it funny how everything that you eat to gain weight is everything I eat to lose it? It's simple really - just eat the things you like in big enough portions to put you in a calorie surplus. Eat an extra egg or and extra slice of bread - it all adds up. Plus you can drink your calories - milk, juices, protein shakes, etc. if you're still under at the end of the day.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    You had me a peanut butter...Mmmm.

Ice cream, bagels or donuts are good for gaining. Pizza & french fries are excellent if you are having problems getting the cals in.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I like all the suggestions believe me but at the end of the day you can still get a caloric surplus without compromising your health..now on the other hand if you want to gain weight you can't be too limited on what you eat but there are certainly better options! For example fries vs potatoes both have same carbs however one is dipped in lard and the other isn't. Bacon vs steak or a fatty fish? Yea bacon tastes good but let's not give the girl a coronary lol.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Ok guys I like all the suggestions believe me but at the end of the day you can still get a caloric surplus without compromising your health..now on the other hand if you want to gain weight you can't be too limited on what you eat but there are certainly better options! For example fries vs potatoes both have same carbs however one is dipped in lard and the other isn't. Bacon vs steak or a fatty fish? Yea bacon tastes good but let's not give the girl a coronary lol.

no one is telling her to eat bacon all day …the comments were eat these foods WITHIN your calorie/micro/macro goal for the day…

good luck bulking on fish and rice all day ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Lmao you're too funny. I can't eat a lot of sweet dairy stuff but I'll definitely start eating bacon again! I thought that was something I shouldn't be eating. Thanks for the advice guys!

why not? do you have a medical condition that you did not mention in your OP?
  • grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Have to agree with this, their are other health factors to take into consideration when choosing your foods to bulk with, other than just the calorie count.

Any variation of nuts will help with your bulk with a high healthy fat content and protein, and also boast loads of calories for small portions. 50g Almonds is approximately 300 calories depending on the brand.

To get sweet potatos in your diet, try homemade oven baked sweet potato fries flavoured with some peppercorn!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Have to agree with this, their are other health factors to take into consideration when choosing your foods to bulk with, other than just the calorie count.

Any variation of nuts will help with your bulk with a high healthy fat content and protein, and also boast loads of calories for small portions. 50g Almonds is approximately 300 calories depending on the brand.

To get sweet potatos in your diet, try homemade oven baked sweet potato fries flavoured with some peppercorn!

again, everyone suggested said foods in the context of hitting macros/micros/calorie goal for the day ..

I don't know why that is so hard to understand...
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Foods that have put many pounds on me in the past :
    Pasta w/ cheese
    Biscuits!
    Pizza
    Buttered toast or crumpets ^_^
    Ice cream
    ok not exactly healthy... Olive oil is also good ;)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone suggested basing her entire diet on those type of foods.