Losing about a pound a day

Options
Look I eat till full (half the time I feel as tho I am going to explode kinda full), I eat approx the time I get hungry if I have access to food, and I really don't want to restart eating mcdonalds to up my calories. The big difference is now I am cooking dinner and eating at the work cafeteria (which serves mostly only healthy choices). Oh and increased my daily exercise by a metric ton (Soccer twice a week walking 3-5miles+ daily to and from work, no car so if I want to eat out it means walking 3m round trip). I have a 5 mile walk to the grocery store tonight, suggestions? I figure this fast of weight loss might come back to bite me in the *kitten*. Diary is public.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When did you start?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you just started (1-2 weeks), it's likely you're dropping water weight and depleting glycogen stores.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I thought I started doing about 700 cals under recommended 5 weeks ago, but I did just change up my diet and added all the exercises about 11 days ago (previous monday)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    mrsmiley32 wrote: »
    I thought I started doing about 700 cals under recommended 5 weeks ago, but I did just change up my diet and added all the exercises about 11 days ago (previous monday)

It's normal to drop water weight in the initial weeks. It will slow down. Why does your tracker show no weight lost?
  • caseyann52
    caseyann52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? I had a look at a couple days of your diary, and some of your measurements seem way too high- it's possible that you are overestimating your calorie intake. Getting a scale and weighing your food works really well.

It could be a case of just not eating enough. But even so, a pound a day seems way too much. I suggest you try and eat a little more (maybe an extra piece of fruit and bread at breakfast and lunch). It's also possible you're getting dehydrated from all the exercise and that some of the weight loss may just be from that.
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    All of the above. I found that I was losing a lot quickly at the beginning and I had the same fear. But after the first 10 lbs, it started to go more slowly. Now my fear is losing motivation, so I have to keep my focus on the long term and do the right thing each day.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well my pee is pretty light in color and I think I am getting enough, I am avoiding cranps for the most part. Regarding bo weight loss, because I put my initial weight as 235, a month later I found out I was actually 250 (and was steadyly flictuating +- 1lb around that weight) so I added that as progress, as of this morning I'm 241. Previous monday I was 249.7.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    It's water weight loss in the initial first couple of weeks of a diet regimen. Not uncommon.
    Come back in a month and discuss it again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Another thing that can happen is you could have in the first two or three days gained several pounds of water weight from starting to exercise as your body repairs muscles. I've noticed that sometimes that comes off in one big whoosh, but sometimes it comes off a pound or so at a time until it's gone.