Weight watchers

Options
Is anyone doing weight watchers on here? Thanks x

Replies

• af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've done WW 4 times over the past 13 years. Lost 50 lbs and 25 lbs on it (but eventually gained it back. Feel free to message me with any questions!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers as well. Love the program it just got too expensive. The weekly weigh-ins really kept me accountable. I still follow the plan on my own.
  • aoifers
    Options
    Hi lulum1986! I am doing weight watchers at the moment :) -I have just started back on My Fitness Pal for some accountability and to track what I eat and exercise on the go ...are you following weight watchers? x
  • saf913
    saf913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with WW last time I tried it. It seemed like our local one just peddled their processed packaged products. Meetings were all about cheating the system and people were very negative towards one another. It was not a positive place. I was looking to learn to eat healthily, NOT out of a box. I have no interest in ridiculing others or being ridiculed. I hope your local WW is a more positive place and wish you luck! XOXO
  • carlamarie1979
    carlamarie1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have just cancelled my account with ww after 2 years, i lost 3.5 stone and have managed fantastically to keep it off, but I have turned to my fitness pal as it is great for syncing the amount of calories I burn at the gym, I'm concentrating on toning now and this app is brill for tracking my food intake, WW was perfect for me at the time but moving on to better things now x
  • jonesm97
    jonesm97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used WW a couple of times. The first time I did it I did really good. But I thought it was more of a "click" there. Then I tried the moblie WW. Waste of money I thought. Then WW has their own equipment which is spendy. I have been using this app for about a wk and a half. I have a co-worker who uses this app. I need the encouragement and help from others. Feel free to add me. :blush: Good Luck though.
  • HealthyFit23
    HealthyFit23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers work great, but it cost. My advice is to record everything in myfitnesspal. Make sure you are in the correct range between calories, fat, fiber, protein, carbs. If you are pre-diabetic, sugar too. Heart or high blood pressure issues, check your sodium range. Read the boards daily. I find there are more people on this board than weight watchers. Exercise 3 - 5 times a week. Find out what work best for you. Don't be afraid to take people's advice. If their advice don't sound correct, ignore it.
  • LOVINGCHANGE27
    LOVINGCHANGE27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers work great, but it cost. My advice is to record everything in myfitnesspal. Make sure you are in the correct range between calories, fat, fiber, protein, carbs. If you are pre-diabetic, sugar too. Heart or high blood pressure issues, check your sodium range. Read the boards daily. I find there are more people on this board than weight watchers. Exercise 3 - 5 times a week. Find out what work best for you. Don't be afraid to take people's advice. If their advice don't sound correct, ignore it.

Great advice!!!
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been pondering going back to Weight Watchers. My main motivation is the accountability and support. I do have some here, (Don't get me wrong my lovely MFPeers) but having some more "live" support would be helpful. The new WW program is very selective now I guess. It has various types of diets? Anyone seen the new programs? I am not terribly sure what they are doing anymore.

Over thinking, I still just think I will stay on MFP! I need to do more myself I guess! I do miss my motivational Leader at my US WW place... He was awesome during some tough spells and my 50 pounds I lost way back then (10 years now?? Holy cow!) I can't seem to lose. Even when I am good! hah. Anyways. i'm rambling. sorry :)
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had success on the older program, but the new one didn't do it for me. I find this easier than counting points. Plus I'm not eating a lot of processed crap.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    WW lifetime member here. Successful twice on WW until calorie creep got me, twice.

Switched to MFP and like it much better for my nutritional needs. I feel much more in control now that I understand my calorie needs and macros. I've lost 42lbs and approaching maintenance in about 7 - 10lbs. more.

WW just got too expensive and I also don't like the processed food but the program does work for many people and did work for me up to a point.
  • jonesm97
    jonesm97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hang in
    lnxjenn wrote: »
    I've been pondering going back to Weight Watchers. My main motivation is the accountability and support. I do have some here, (Don't get me wrong my lovely MFPeers) but having some more "live" support would be helpful. The new WW program is very selective now I guess. It has various types of diets? Anyone seen the new programs? I am not terribly sure what they are doing anymore.

Over thinking, I still just think I will stay on MFP! I need to do more myself I guess! I do miss my motivational Leader at my US WW place... He was awesome during some tough spells and my 50 pounds I lost way back then (10 years now?? Holy cow!) I can't seem to lose. Even when I am good! hah. Anyways. i'm rambling. sorry :)

Hang in there. Don't give up. I enjoy this app. I understand the visual support. :)
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on WW and love it! My half arsed attempts in the past were a huge failure but I can look back now and see why it didn't work out. I joined about a month ago and am finding out that I definitely needed to make changes such as alcohol. I blog but don't go very into depth. I'm so happy to be back at WW and attending the meetings.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I did WW in the past, successfully. Have only myself to blame for gaining the weight back - I do think MFP is a superior program as it tracks everything for you, not just keeping in check with points based on calories, fat, & fiber. The points system doesn't help you keep track of other important nutrients.

Plus they change the system every few years. I have only heard a few positive reviews of the newest incarnation. The old FlexPoints (I think that's what it was when I did it) was really good and easy to do and made sense. Of course I haven't tried the new system first hand, so who knows....

All I know is MFP is FREE and it is always the same - calories in, calories out. No need to upgrade to new points calculators or buy new materials. And I honestly didn't get much out of the rah-rah meetings - just not my thing.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for all your replys. I'm going to stick at it for a while but continue on mfp for support etc as I have made a lot of friends here now.
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I did WW for about four months last year. I lost 9 pounds. I've been using MFP for a month and lost 7 so I think this method works better for me at least.

I left WW for good when the leader had us chant "nothing tastes as good as thin feels, nothing tastes as good as thin feels, nothing tastes as good, nothing tastes as good, nothing tastes as good as thin feels." With clapping.

:unamused:
  • FreakinFlabuless
    FreakinFlabuless Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I figure my points and jot down other nutritional info, as I'm trying to gauge what works better for me regarding my cholesterol numbers. I use an old points plan that I lost 28 pounds with in years past. It was easier then, as I didn't have picky family members to contend with. I'm not a support group type of gal, so I don't need the meetings. I did join online a newer program a couple of years back, but it's so tedious to do everything online to me when I'm in the kitchen and the points had changed. Because I didn't want to go back through everything, home-cooked meals, and refigure points, I dug out the old WW points slider I had and still have.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I log everything here and then "convert" the info to points at WW.

It seems like the calculator on MFP gives you less food than WW does. BUT the thing I like about MFP's site is that you know how much protein, carbs, fat, fiber, sodium you're getting. WW doesn't break it down like that. (They used to MANY years ago, but haven't done that since they started doing "points".)

The thing that constantly aggravates me about WW though is that (at least where I am) most of the leaders are these little peppy things "Hi I'm Brittany, and I lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks to reach my goal and ate nothing but frozen grapes!" Yeah - bite me.

There were two leaders in Louisville that I LOVED - Margie and Joyce. Both had lost at least 100 pounds, and I just really felt a connection there. That was over 30 years ago though. (Ugh, I feel old!).
  • erinbuckler92
    erinbuckler92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my 3rd week in Weight Watchers and so far I love it. I'm only doing the WW Online, it's only $20 a month and seems to be well worth it, for me anyway. So far I've lost 5.2 pounds and I weigh in again tomorrow. Feel free to add me as a friend, on here and WW. Good Luck!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've done WW before but I like using MFP better. It's free, for one thing. And I feel like it's easier and more "real world" (for me) to think of foods in terms of their calories than in terms of point values. I plan to keep up with tracking indefinitely, but I don't know that I could keep up with the points long-term (I ended up quitting, and re-gaining, with WW before, so I guess that's a pretty accurate assumption).