• Starting weight of 241.0 on October 1st, 2014
  • Current weight of ~190 as of February 19
  • Low of 187
  • All cardio and diet through January, added weight training this month
  • Current MFP log in streak of 100+ days
  • Feeling better than when I was 18

BEFORE (220-225 LBS IN PHOTO)
ca7ozvk5gnmx.jpeg

JANUARY - AFTER CARDIO & DIET CHANGES (~210 LBS)
4pixz1a8wc8r.jpg

FEBRUARY - AFTER ADDING WEIGHT TRAINING (~190 LBS)
ndsknz3pmai1.jpg

Replies

• keilee0408
    keilee0408 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look amazing!!!!
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lookin good!!
  • arinkris
    arinkris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations and thanks for sharing, so motivating!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats!
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome...congratulations!!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • jessie_fit713
    Options
    Wow awesome progress! What changes did you make to your diet? Also, how many times a week/ what kind of cardio do you do?
  • velezdina
    velezdina Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    congratulations! what kind of exercises did you do?
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I have to say though I love the before picture....we play Jump or Dive...you run to the edge of the diving board and someone yells "Jump" or they yell "dive" and you try to do what they say....so fun!!!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    weight loss so quick and you can see great definition in the muscles too. Well done. What type of diet did you follow?
  • dettles
    dettles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    looking great!!
  • anairol27
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Great Job!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!! :)
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Congratulations!
  • jamesrreed
    jamesrreed Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome progress! What changes did you make to your diet? Also, how many times a week/ what kind of cardio do you do?

Full disclosure - my diet was horrendous prior to October 1. I drank a two liter of Mountain Dew if not two or more per day. Plus one or more boxes of Milk Duds. I wore Walgreens out.

I dropped soda entirely and replaced with water. That alone may account for 50% or more of my weight loss. I also cut out candy although I recently started allowing myself 3-6 Chips A Hoy cookies per day since my metabolism is amped back up.

Beyond that I haven't done much else other than watch my total calorie consumption. I still eat McDonalds most days but less of it. I can't remember if MFP set it or if I manually changed my daily calorie limit but in any event it is 1,999. If I ate better instead of or in addition to less I would likely have a six pack already.

From October to the end of January I was doing no less than one hour and often times two on the treadmill at at 4-4.5 (fast walk) pace every work day. Rarely do I get a chance to go to the gym on the weekends.

Weight lifting is a new thing for me but I'm very addicted after three weeks. I work out with guys who are beasts. They lift 5x what I do but are kind enough to let me work in with them. We're all doing Tough Mudder (my second) in June and they are determined to cut my time in half.

Many times I thought about cheating or even quitting but now that I see the results it is easy to get up at 5a every morning which is when I hit the YMCA. We work out from 5-7 every week day.

Hope this helps.

• jamesrreed
    Options
    kle0408 wrote: »
    Congrats!!! You look amazing!!!!

Thank you.
  • jamesrreed
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jonnyman41 wrote: »
    weight loss so quick and you can see great definition in the muscles too. Well done. What type of diet did you follow?

Honestly, not a very good one. I eat way too much fast food. I'm trying to do better now though. As far as my weight loss phase was concerned, I just ate less.

Now that I've added weight training I think my metabolism is really amped up. Many days even though I try to stay close to the 1,999 MFP goal, I'm eating more like 3.5-4k and STILL maintaining or even losing weight.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss :)
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome work. I love the before picture. You should take an after like this, as soon as it warms up that is.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!