Slowly losing

Options
Slowly losing weight little by little what about y'all?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    slow is good
  • ladygreylovestea
    Options
    Taking it off slower I think is best. wishing you well on your health journey!
  • myh1395
    Options
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    slow but sure
  • lizek316
    lizek316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Slower is better. Don't get discouraged if you plateau. Switch up your diet and workout routine or add strength training. Strength training might make you gain or stay at the same weight for awhile, but it's muscle you will be gaining and after awhile, you'll see that the muscle will help you burn fat faster and therefore lose weight. Sorry for the run on sentence.
  • cneal1140
    cneal1140 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been loosing slowly and trying to change my routine a little limiting refined carbs adding veggies and whole foods. Hopefully this helps but I feel your pain.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Better slow than never. I will take slow and some plateaus than gaining like before starting here. :wink:
  • myh1395
    Options
    Well I had this thing happen where I lost weight and everything was fine then gained it back twice as much
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    Losing it slowly is best as it is the healthy way to do it, plus it allows you to pick up some tips for maintaining it once you lose it, unlike those fad diets where you lose a lot in a short period, then gain it all back once the "diet" stops.
  • myh1395
    Options
    Thanks for the tip
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady does it. I've been through so, so many 'crash diets'...and...ALWAYS put more on after. I'm struggling with you; it's a long way, but it'll be worth it :)
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Me too! My problem is that I start to get bored when it is too slow and I want to give up. So I have been switching up my work out routines and meals to keep it kind of interesting so I don't get too bored.
  • myh1395
    Options
    vada44 wrote: »
    Me too! My problem is that I start to get bored when it is too slow and I want to give up. So I have been switching up my work out routines and meals to keep it kind of interesting so I don't get too bored.

What are your work out routines?
  • myh1395
    Options
    ElisaJtsu wrote: »
    Slow and steady does it. I've been through so, so many 'crash diets'...and...ALWAYS put more on after. I'm struggling with you; it's a long way, but it'll be worth it :)

Thanks I think we can do it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had one weight loss expert describe the process as walking down the up escalator. So movement downward is a good thing. A very good thing.
  • kquinlan2006
    Options
    Remember it went on slowly so best to take off slowly. That way you adjust and don't gain back. Quick weight loss generally doesn't stay off.
  • MMA_Diva
    Options
    I think that it is good
  • whyteorchid
    whyteorchid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is probably the 1,000 time trying this. I'm the biggest I've ever been. Kinda scary. I'm gonna go slow. One thing at a time. Not all at once. So far I haven't had fast food since New Year's Eve. Haven't had pizza (other then one homemade for Valentine's Day) also since a couple days before the new year. So now I'm making better eating choices at home.
  • myh1395
    Options
    This is probably the 1,000 time trying this. I'm the biggest I've ever been. Kinda scary. I'm gonna go slow. One thing at a time. Not all at once. So far I haven't had fast food since New Year's Eve. Haven't had pizza (other then one homemade for Valentine's Day) also since a couple days before the new year. So now I'm making better eating choices at home.

Well that's really good to hear