Frustrated

Options
been faithful with fitness pal for a month. Eating 1200c or less daily. Not loosing any weight at all! Ready to give up

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed a change in your body? Energy levels? Does your fat feel different?
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
  • KrunchyMama
    Options
    "Give up if you want to -I'm sure that will make you feel better, right? "

A comment like this would make me want to eat an entire bag of chips. There's a nicer way to go about helping someone. Do you feel better though?
  • TBargar101
    TBargar101 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cloverin - Is that 1200 calorie number what MFP estimated as your daily goal?
  • psstiles2014
    psstiles2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It sometimes take a while for your body to adjust. Don't give up, no matter what negative comments people post. If you are being truthful in your daily inputs, and are staying within your allowed goals, it will come. We all want instant results but the truth is the weight didn't go on overnight (although sometimes it feels that way) and it will take time to get rid of it. Make sure MFP has set your daily goal. Eating too little is just as bad as eating too much sometimes.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    OP, for what it's worth, I have been very frustrated, too ... hardly any movement in the 40 days I've been working very hard (exercise and caloric intake). Forty days isn't a long time. I understand from others that people frequently go for periods of time with no movement, but if you are faithful and trust the process, you will find success. Maybe during periods when the scale's not moving (I don't weigh every day - some people do - it's a personal preference, but it leads me to paranoia) - focus on the changes you see. A "new" muscle, clearer skin from all that water, increases your fitness goals a little at a time. Really focus on those, so you aren't all caught up in the numbers on the scale. I might not have written this in such a positive way yesterday. But I weighed today and after no movement for weeks, I am down two pounds!! Yay! - and now ... I forget the scale and put the focus back on my running and increasing protein (my priorities). See? That works for me. Maybe it will work for you, too. Good luck! You are doing the right thing for your body!
  • cloverin
    cloverin Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I do weight my food. Faithfully use my scale. When I cheat I record it. I even measure out my measly 4oz glass of wine on Friday night. as my one little treat and make sure I have the calories to allow one Mfp says 1200 calories daily. When I gained a lb it dropped me to 980. So
    Not fooling myself or pretending to try. My body just doesn't seem to want to let go of the fat
  • KrunchyMama
    Options
    Does your fat feel different? I'm asking this because the scale stayed the same for me, but my fat felt really squishy. I did some reading and it turns out that my body was burning fat and filling those areas with water. I upped my calories for a few days and had a whoosh of water weight.
  • cloverin
    cloverin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you 4leebee. It's been a tough day for me. Your encouragement helped
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    cloverin wrote: »
    Thank you 4leebee. It's been a tough day for me. Your encouragement helped

Any time - we all need a little encouragement from time to time. You've got this. Just trust in the process.