Carb Blockers

Options
Does anyone else take carb blockers? I just started taking them. I hear mix review on how they work. I do not eat starchy white breads or anything. Does it work with fruit and veggies? Did anyone see any results on them? Also does anyone feel bloated when taking them? Thanks!

Replies

• SaraLady89
    SaraLady89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump…i've never heard of this, sounds kinda crazy as in not true but who knows
  • tine0574
    Options
    Yea, I know. It is white bean extracts. They sell them everywhere. A GNC worker was telling me about it. But, I bought some for like 2 bucks somewhere.
  • piercedarachne
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-truth-about-starch-blockers

If it sounds like magic it probably isn't.

also: "Starch blockers probably do allow complex carbohydrates to pass through the small intestine largely undigested....But when they get to the large intestine, the starches ferment, give off gas, and cause bloating and diarrhea,” Gerbstadt tells WebMD."
  • tine0574
    Options
    Okay thanks for the advice!
  • lankylil4
    Options
    I've never heard of them but on. Y diet would probably give them a try if they did no harm?

What diet are you doing?
  • tine0574
    Options
    no diet in particular. I am just clean eating. So there really isn't any point of me taking them.
  • dseign
    dseign Posts: 25
    Options
    I understand the 1st studies fell flat. Then they worked Starchrite developed a Phase 2, sold under different brand names, but is labeled phase2, has been shown in research to work. You have to take it 15-20 min prior to eating and you have to take at least 3000-5000/day.

It does not work on fructose (fruit sugar), alcohal sugar or table sugar. It only works on pasta, bread, rice etc which block a-amylase. There is different types of amylase like b-amylase.
  • dseign
    dseign Posts: 25
    Options
    According to the research I've read!^
  • jeffreed662
    Options
    I think this product is genius if you are cutting fat J.s..
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have some too, I take them in hopes of them working when I know i'm going to eat pasta at my in laws...whether or not it actually works I have no idea. Interested to know if anyone else has had success.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Waste.of.money.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Stop.resurrecting.bad.threads.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    If I eat white beans will they block themselves?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If these actually worked the company would be making REAL money off them by selling them on the prescription drug market for people with insulin resistance or Type 2 Beetus.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tine0574 wrote: »
    Does anyone else take carb blockers? I just started taking them. I hear mix review on how they work. I do not eat starchy white breads or anything. Does it work with fruit and veggies? Did anyone see any results on them? Also does anyone feel bloated when taking them? Thanks!

If they worked there would be no fat people in the world.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    If I eat white beans will they block themselves?

lol

That sounds like a lot of blockage...with a lot of gassy pressure behind it. Only a hot sauce diet could fix that B)

Seriously though...I agree with ^^^EWJLang^^^

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    If these actually worked the company would be making REAL money off them by selling them on the prescription drug market for people with insulin resistance or Type 2 Beetus.

There actually are prescription "carb blockers" for those with insulin resistance and diabetes. For example, Acarbose is a "carb blocker" frequently prescribed to these patients.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

There actually are prescription "carb blockers" for those with insulin resistance and diabetes. For example, Acarbose is a "carb blocker" frequently prescribed to these patients.

Interesting, my stepfather didn't get that one, I think. Just the Metfartmin.