3,000 calories

Options
Last night (and the past few days) I have been eating upwards of 3,000 calories! My goal is 1,600. I weighed in this morning and in the past MONTH I have managed to gain 10 pounds. Within the past YEAR i have GAINED 20 pounds! Unintentionally... This overeating NEEDS TO STOP.

Replies

• pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to do that too. I can't stop myself once I start, or even when having something healthy, I enjoyed it so much, I think I should have another. So I'm trying to slow myself down. I'm also drinking more water with and between meals. When I'm hungry between meals, I try to pay attention to whether it's my stomach (real hunger) or my mouth (emotional hunger) that wants to eat. If it's my stomach, then I drink some water to see if the feeling passes. If it's my mouth that wants to eat, I try to do another activity to distract myself. Going for a walk helps because I live in a rural area and I have to walk at least a mile to the nearest store. I count my calories usually before I eat them so I can see the impact on my day and make a choice about whether I'm willing to eat that thing. I'm not perfect; I have days when I go a little over my goal. But I've lost about 20 lbs in 3 months, and aiming for 10 more. You can do it too.
  • crystaljeana
    Options
    What I do, especially when I'm in mode of cheating for days, I make sure to weigh myself. After cheating, my weight would probably would temporarily go up just a couple of pounds but it is enough to snap me into reality that if I continue a streak of cheating my weight will creep back up. At my highest, about 4 years ago, I weighed around 225 probably more (I'm around 5'8) and at that time I was not really on a diet or trying to lose weight. Now I'm around 182lbs with 40 to go. I've learned it is okay to mess up. Just don't give up. It takes some trial and error to get things right, so don't beat yourself up about that. Just start over and at the very least as you diet monitor your weight more frequently so that the pounds don't sneak up on you.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your goal is 1600 calories which will do what? lose 2 pounds per week? Also eat nutritious dense foods over energy dense foods.

Also to me it sounds like you eare eating to cope with something. Am I wrong?
  • weesalouisa25
    weesalouisa25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the lively posters before that everyone does this once and a while, but maybe there is something you're trying to manage by it?
    Perhaps you're not eating enough of your 1,600 early in the day and your body is in overdrive by the time you get to evening?
    Perhaps you do like me (college student) and have trouble eating continually when you're stressed or bored?

There could be many reasons. My advice from. Someone who's done this before lots is pay attention to what 1) your body is telling you and 2) what kind of emotional state you're in when and before this happens. Don't worry about the weight, your overall health is more jmporta t than a few pounds, we all have times where we gain/lose drastically.. its more important times time so figure our why and balance.
    Best of luck :)
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    I agree with all the lively posters before that everyone does this once and a while, but maybe there is something you're trying to manage by it?
    Perhaps you're not eating enough of your 1,600 early in the day and your body is in overdrive by the time you get to evening?
    Perhaps you do like me (college student) and have trouble eating continually when you're stressed or bored?

There could be many reasons. My advice from. Someone who's done this before lots is pay attention to what 1) your body is telling you and 2) what kind of emotional state you're in when and before this happens. Don't worry about the weight, your overall health is more jmporta t than a few pounds, we all have times where we gain/lose drastically.. its more important times time so figure our why and balance.
    Best of luck :)

Thank you!