How long after waking up do you have before eating breakfast?

Options

Replies

• keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in the no-breakfast, intermittent-fasting, early eating makes me nauseous camp. However after not eating breakfast for a long time today I just wanted a bowl of cereal so I had some with blueberries and other fruit for lunch! I won't do that everyday because at l lunch I like to have soup or stew with beans, and a salad. But I suppose once in a while can't hurt!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is a myth like others have said. I wake up at 6:45am and eat around 10-11am depending on the day. This helps me keep my calories in check when I'm dieting down and I sleep better with calories consumer closer to the end of the day.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    <pedantic>
    You have until you die of starvation to eat breakfast.
    </pedantic>

And yes, I know people usually mean "morning meal" when they say "breakfast."
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast after being up for 15 minutes!
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So usually around 7:30... :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I get up at 4:30 then work out shower get ready go to work and eat @8am. On weekends I get up as late as I can which is usually like 6am (argh) and still eat around the same time.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I wake up around 7:30-8am. I really have liked cooking breakfast the past couple mornings, usually we all eat about 3hr. after waking, just to get moving and cook for the family. I admit a little more organization on our part would speed things up. :smile:
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I get my coffee at 5am, then I feed animals/do laundry/ etc and usually I remember I haven't eaten by about 11.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Out of interest to all those who wait at least a few hours after getting up, what time do you eat your last meal the previous day? I try to eat before 7pm so I have basically a 12 hour fast till breakfast. I'm always ravenous
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Out of interest to all those who wait at least a few hours after getting up, what time do you eat your last meal the previous day? I try to eat before 7pm so I have basically a 12 hour fast till breakfast. I'm always ravenous

I work nights so I eat dinner around 11pm... so it's almost the same fasting time you have.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I usually eat around 9 or so at night. If my day is really busy sometimes I will eat a bit later, but usually around 9.
    So I usually fast around 14.5-16.5 hours.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My routine is this. Get up early, hit the bathroom and then the bathroom scales, walk to the kitchen and make breakfast. No detour and no $200 once I pass go.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I always have a protein shake (with water, not milk) 5-10 minutes after waking up. I get up between 5:50-6:10 (depending how many times I press snooze) immediately put my robe on. Let the dogs out, make and drink my shake. Sometimes I start my car first before my shake, sometimes after. Get dressed, go to work for 7. I might pick up a coffee but otherwise I don't eat until after my workout which is usually between 11:30-noon, then I'll have another protein shake. I will eat a "lunch" around 2 and then supper at 7. This keeps me full all day. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Also, breakfast is a dangerous meal, as most “breakfast foods” are not that great nutritionally.

Depends what you are eating for breakfast...

I was thinking of the traditional North American breakfasts like cereal or bread with nutella. For someone who is trying to get a lot of bang for my calories, those things might be tasty but aren’t what I want on a daily basis as a meal.

If you’re eating an egg-white omelette with smoked salmon and half an avocado, that’s a different story (obviously).

whats wrong with cereal and bread??? Why is that worse than an egg white omelet? why can't I have regular eggs; why does it have to be egg whites?

besides individual foods do not matter..what matters is overall diet and calorie/micro/macro goal…

OP - eat breakfast whenever you are hungry….
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5am and eat breakfast around 8:30am after arriving at the office.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I generally wait 14 hours between waking and eating. IF FTW.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Usually supper is quite early, by 5:30 or 6 at the latest. Considering I don't eat again until at least 8:30 AM, I'm waiting a bit longer than 12 hours.

I used to have a light snack like yogurt or something right before bed but now I take a med at night that needs an empty stomach so no more snack.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On a work day it usually takes me a couple of hours before I can eat anything without retching. On days when I can wake up when I'm ready and rested, I can often eat about half an hour after getting up.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Normally we eat very early, dinner is around 3 or 4 pm, dessert whatever time I decide I want it 6 or 7 is the norm.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to workout on an empty stomach for cardio. I don't eat until 20 minutes post workout