Bulking for Muscle

I am currently trying bulk up and add more muscle mass. I'm currently around 5ft7 and weight 150 pounds. My average calorie intake is around 3200-3600, with 160g of protein and 350g of carbs is this suitable to reach my goal of reaching 165 pounds?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    No idea, what's your stats?
  • GlenzioFitness
    GlenzioFitness Posts: 255 Member
    Sorry what do you mean by stats, I'm new to this
  • GlenzioFitness
    3laine75 wrote: »
    No idea, what's your stats?
    Sorry what do you mean by stats, I'm new to this

• se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    I'm same as you buddy. Also figure out your body fat %. Measure your muscles you have now so you can compare down the road. I think the last post was referring to your lifting abilities like what's your bench max, squat, dead lift?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    It depends on your current TDEE. If 3200-3500 puts you in a caloric surplus coupled with a weight lifting routine focused on progressive overload, yes. However, you may need to increase calories as your weight goes up.
  • GlenzioFitness
    I haven't hit any 1 rep maxes on bench but I do 17.5 on each side, my 1 rep max is 110 for deadlift and for squats I've only started to get into Leg routines after dislocating my knee along the leg extension so I do 60kg for squats
  • GlenzioFitness
    It depends on your current TDEE. If 3200-3500 puts you in a caloric surplus coupled with a weight lifting routine focused on progressive overload, yes. However, you may need to increase calories as your weight goes up.
    Ok thanks for the feedback, appreciate it
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member

Follow this advice ^^^

No one can tell you what your TDEE is, or caloric requirement to bulk.
    Start with a baseline and allow metabolic adjustment for a 2-3 week period on your new intake.

After this time period, begin monitoring your weekly/bi-weekly weight change AVERAGE. Adjust your calorie intake until you're consistently targeting around .5lb/week of development.

This will allow for a sustained bulking phase that will yield solid mass, while remaining (relatively) lean in the process.