Cupid's Undie Run: Then and Now!

Options
2»

Replies

• redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, love the happy confident smile!
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing but most of all (and I'll echo what a lot have already said) the confidence you exude is just amazing!!!
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    kb1927 wrote: »
    Awesome job! My daughter was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis last year (a genetic disorder involving tumors), so I am always excited to hear about people participating in the Undie Run!

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope she's doing well, and not having too many symptoms. I was fortunate to meet lots of parents/grandparents of children with NF during the run. So glad that we're able to bring awareness, and raise money for the cause!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Total transformation - that's awesome! I'm also 5'6" so it's nice to see the difference in someone similar to me! :)
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Excellent job.
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! congrats on your hard work!!! wowers!

I am 5'6 and weigh 148 but I am old. My "normal" weight before gaining so much after a hysterectomy was 125... I won't get down there again. I am hoping to get to 135.

I could be wrong but some women who weigh the same as me at the same height look fitter than I do. I am carrying a lot of fat around my waist which is typical for women my age. I would go with the recommendations that your doctor told you.

CONGRATS again!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You really do look wonderful. The biggest difference for me is in the 2nd and 3rd picture - the hard work with weight training is really showing.
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great and confident in all your pictures, but especially the last! My body is very much like yours (5'7 and the same shape as you in the boobs/belly/hips) - seeing your pictures helps me imagine what I might look like if I start to do strength training.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    stunning.
    Congrats
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing success story well done
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What an amazing person you are? Incredible positive attitude. I LOVE, LOVE the beachbody quote. That's just perfect. Oh and you are also beautiful. Congratulations!
  • DarbiB
    Options
    freechewy wrote: »
    You look amazing!!!! congrats on your hard work!!! wowers!

I am 5'6 and weigh 148 but I am old. My "normal" weight before gaining so much after a hysterectomy was 125... I won't get down there again. I am hoping to get to 135.

I could be wrong but some women who weigh the same as me at the same height look fitter than I do. I am carrying a lot of fat around my waist which is typical for women my age. I would go with the recommendations that your doctor told you.

CONGRATS again!

Thanks so much! I'm rooting for you to get to 135!

You're totally right about doctor's recommendations. My doctor had said that she'd like to see me break the 160 mark, and so I picked 154 because that's the very top end of normal BMI (24.9) for a woman 5'6. But if I don't get there, I'm not stressing too much about that number, as long as I feel good, and my doctor says I'm healthy!

NextPage wrote: »
    You really do look wonderful. The biggest difference for me is in the 2nd and 3rd picture - the hard work with weight training is really showing.
    gle8442 wrote: »
    Wow! You look great and confident in all your pictures, but especially the last! My body is very much like yours (5'7 and the same shape as you in the boobs/belly/hips) - seeing your pictures helps me imagine what I might look like if I start to do strength training.

Thank you both! @gle8442 I cannot recommend weight training enough! I wish I had before and after pictures of my upper back. Looks COMPLETELY different. My endurance/stamina has gone way way up, and I feel like I get more out of my cardio workouts as well.

• DarbiB
    Options
    What an amazing person you are? Incredible positive attitude. I LOVE, LOVE the beachbody quote. That's just perfect. Oh and you are also beautiful. Congratulations!

You're such a sweetheart, THANK YOU. Can I say again how much I love the Success Storys board?

And I wish I could take credit for the "beach body" thing! I'm actually paraphrasing the comedian Sarah Millican:

• w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    You're beautiful and your hard work shows!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!