Summer Treats

Options
So I love to go to the summer ice cream shops - definitely a weakness ... but am I really miscalculating because there isn't much on the site that is comparable because it all depends on what they make it with, any tips on a better calorie counter for these trips?

Replies

• lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    thats a good question.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on what kind of icecream you are eating, if you eat something which is quite luxurious like ben and jerrys or hagen daaz then it's going to be high calorie so try and add something equivalent. :)
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i'm sorry this doesn't answer your question but if you peel and chop up a few bananas, freeze them and then blend them with about 1/4 - 1/2 cup soy or almond milk, a teaspoon of maple syrup and some peanut butter, you'll never want ice cream again! and it's so healthy you can eat it as often as you want :)
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    You never know, some of them might actually be able to give you the nutritional information if you ask. So many places do this now.x
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry this doesn't answer your question but if you peel and chop up a few bananas, freeze them and then blend them with about 1/4 - 1/2 cup soy or almond milk, a teaspoon of maple syrup and some peanut butter, you'll never want ice cream again! and it's so healthy you can eat it as often as you want :)

omg that sounds amazing... im a HUGE ice cream fan and just started getting into milkshakes... **guilty loook** this sounds like it would totally satify my craving!!!!! drooooooooL!
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try that with the bananas.
    Would it work to mix it all in the blender and then freeze it?
    Or is it better to just freeze the bananas first and mix it when you are ready to eat it?
    Sounds yummy and easy!