Anybody have a misfit shine?

Options
Looking for someone who has a misfit shine that can tell me how to do some things and tell me what you think of it. Thanks :)

Replies

• grneyedgirl1963
    Options
    I have one & love it. Its mainly for logging walking/sleeping. Its not really good @ detecting yard work, etc. I linked mine to mfp & it saves a lot of time.
  • amsmithatc33
    amsmithatc33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the Flash, but it doesn't seem to want to link up. Love it otherwise!
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Shine on Saturday. Previously a Fitbit One user, until it didn't survive the washing machine (insert tears here)

So...when I went to go buy my new Fitbit One, I seen this beauty. Looked it over, read some reviews and figured I would give the Shine a trial run.

As of today, I love it. It syncs fine between my iphone and the device. I can't speak for Android users. Linking up to MFP took a few tries, but now it works great. I also use RunKeeper, so I was happy to see they are partners.

I also like that where you wear it, is interchangeable depending on your activity. The holders they give you are great. I like that the wrist band is not bulky. I barely notice it on my arm. Some reviews feared the clasp holder and the magnet in the device wouldn't hold but its seems pretty strong and being a former Fitbit user, I can attest, my Fitbit came unclipped MANY times so I ignored the bad reviews about that. I like that you can attached to the top of your shoe and it will track cycling, this is something my other device did not track well.

For me, the phone app is visually pleasing and pretty easy to work with. Has a product of apple feel to it. Having said that, it still took me a bit of getting used too since I was a long time Fitbit user and both apps are different.

From what I can see, Misfit isn't community based like Fitbit is. The food tracking is only by picture. But for community and food tracking, that is what I have MFP is for, so their phone app really leaves me to focus on my activity and sleep and leave MFP to everything else. The auto sleep function seems to work fine, and compares to the other device.

One huge bonus ... I LOVE that it is waterproof. I will be able to wear it boating, pool/beach side without fear.

Overall, I am pleased and I think I will be keeping it even though I am very sad to see my other device go.

If you do end up getting it, or already have it. All are welcome...feel free to add me as a friend on the app. Username: csmith2818
  • Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got the flash today. Love it, so far. I got it as a fill-in waiting for the Basis Peak to be in stock or for the Up3 to actually release. I figured it does quite a bit for the money and is waterproof.
  • Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Friend me, if you have a misfit: sammi1244.
  • dawnallisson
    dawnallisson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a MisFit Flash! Friend me: dawnallisson :)
  • dawnallisson
    dawnallisson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Flash, but it doesn't seem to want to link up. Love it otherwise!

I can't get my Flash to link up either :(