Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need some insight PLEASE!

Hi!
I've been trying to maintain for awhile. Was eating 1700-1900 and doing so, but with stress slipped to 1500-1700 since about late November. I have lost around 2-3 pounds since then... Should I go back to my pervious calorie amount or will I now gain on that? If so, should I increase all at once or in increments?
I am a college student and walk anywhere from 2.75-4.25 miles a day from going to class, grocery shopping, etc. I also do basic chores everyday like clean my dorm, laundry etc.
I don't exercise other than that, however I find out of a 16 hour day I'm on my feet for maybe 4-6 hours.
Any insight? I'm pretty confused!
Anyone have any success stories from upping calories after restricting for a while?

Replies

• Tamarah1818
    Tamarah1818 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    I have literally doubled my calorie intake overnight for the past week. I am trying to gain 6 pounds and went from ~900 to 1800 calories. I am lifting weights 3 days a week. I am petite and I feel like I am stuffing myself but it is all very healthy food.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    If you were maintaining on 1700-1900 a couple pounds lower weight shouldn't make a difference. You should still be maintaining on that, or worst case scenario you'll put the 2lb back on, which if you were at a happy weight for you back then really isn't the end of the world.
  • I'm 5'5 and between 103-105 pounds. I'm underweight but I'm maintaining my body weight. I feel best at the weight I am. So whatever you feel healthiest at. That is the goal you should reach
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'd go back to your previous maintenance, stick with that for a few weeks and see where you are. Maintenance can shift over time if your activity level changes, but it's a good starting place.