New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to My Fitness Pal, it's a great site. Just what I've been looking for to help me count calories and track my exercise progress. Over the years I've tried to lose weight, but have not stayed motivated. I'm looking forward to using this site to visualize my weight loss progress and hopefully meet on-line friends who can help me stay motivated.

Good luck to everyone, we can get healthy together.

Replies

• MsEmerald
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new to My Fitness Pal, it's a great site. Just what I've been looking for to help me count calories and track my exercise progress. Over the years I've tried to lose weight, but have not stayed motivated. I'm looking forward to using this site to visualize my weight loss progress and hopefully meet on-line friends who can help me stay motivated.

Good luck to everyone, we can get healthy together.
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome....:flowerforyou:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Congrats on finding this site, it's very useful, and has helped me all the way!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    The message boards are full of great people with wonderful insight & suggestions. Welcome & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Welcome to you :flowerforyou: and good luck i am sure you will find a great deal of help on the site and from the members :bigsmile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

:flowerforyou:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Welcome, darling! :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MsEmerald
    Options
    BrenNew,

Thanks so much for the advice, great tips! I look forward to meeting new friends like you who have had such great weight loss success. Congratulations on your weight loss, it is so encouraging for me.

Although I have started this new program almost a week ago, my food choices have not really improved. Over the last six days I've had three good days where I had the recommended daily calorie intake and I had three days when I have been over the amount of calories recommended. I'm trying to lose 7 pounds before Christmas, but I am not doing very well thus far.

Any and all advice is welcomed.

Thanks!

Ms Emerald
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    BrenNew,

Thanks so much for the advice, great tips! I look forward to meeting new friends like you who have had such great weight loss success. Congratulations on your weight loss, it is so encouraging for me.

Although I have started this new program almost a week ago, my food choices have not really improved. Over the last six days I've had three good days where I had the recommended daily calorie intake and I had three days when I have been over the amount of calories recommended. I'm trying to lose 7 pounds before Christmas, but I am not doing very well thus far.

Any and all advice is welcomed.

Thanks!

Ms Emerald

You're very welcome, and thanks for the congratulations!
    I never, ever figured I would lose the weight that I so desperately wanted to, but with MFP, it WAS almost easy! I've tried every diet out there, including hypnosis (twice!) and also have a thyroid problem which didn't help! But seeing my numbers in black and white was all I needed. It kept me on track. I also have never felt deprived, like on a "diet" because with MFP, you CAN have pretty much whatever you want to. You just need to "work" for it with exercise and watching your numbers MOST of the time!
    And for exercise, I don't even sweat it out at a gym, or do anything real tiring. I walk, and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made for me. So, see, as I said, it's been pretty easy, as well as downright fun, to lose the weight that I was so depressed over and thought that I was stuck with for life! I feel soooooo much better about myself these days, and I just know that everyone else can get that same feeling, if only they give MFP their best effort!