How often do you exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• 42squared
    42squared Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to hula hoop for at least 15 minutes every day on top of my normal walking around. I've never been great about getting to gym, but I can hula hoop in my room and it's the first exercise I've really enjoyed enough to want to do it all the time.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    4-6 times a week, a combination of swimming, cycling, running, strength training, and yoga.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Six days a week. Weights on three or four days with like 20 minutes on the treadmill or arc trainer to warm up first.

On non-weight days I do longer cardio like running in the park, long bike ride, or inclined treadmill.

(I just order Power 90. It is arriving next week.)
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was working out about 3-4 times a week at my gym at work. Now I joined a gym near my home so now I work out about 3-6 times a week
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week, resting ALWAYS on SUNDAYS. My workouts are usually Cardio/Bodyweight circuits or multiple short HIIT/Tabata workouts throughout the day. Minimum 30 minutes a day up to 45-60. I focus more on quality vs quantity for my workouts. I don't have time to do hours of workouts a day so I make sure my 30 or so minutes are me giving 100% effort.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Daily with two recovery days a week.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week. I usually try to build in one rest day off the bicycle every few weeks, but that day often gets filled with a swim, paddle or other cardio exercise.
  • Ewok31
    Ewok31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5 days
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    6 day a week, 90 minutes minimum

Mon 60 minutes walking/jogging, 30 minutes lifting
    Tues 60 minutes walking/jogging, 30 minutes body-robic/dance like nobody is watching you
    Wed 60 minutes walking/jogging, 30 minutes lifting
    Thur 60 minutes walking/jogging, 30 minutes body-robic/dance like nobody is watching you
    Fri 60 minutes walking/jogging, 30 minutes lifting
    Sat 60 minutes walking/jogging, 30 minutes body-robic/dance like nobody is watching you
    Sun. I force myself to stay home and get some rest

And i just extended this with some swimming/water gym 2 to 3 times a week a 30 to 60 minutes.

76145189.png
  • Sacha3071
    Sacha3071 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mmm. That depends on my work schedule. One of my jobs is unloading 20-50lb boxes, barrels and other things and stocking them which is pretty physical (At least for someone of my nature) to begin with. Since My heart rate goes super high on that job and I am far more sore that when I do work out or lift weights, I usually do an hour of kickboxing every day that I don't work there. It ends up being about 3 times a week. I do take a day off here or there if I feel especially sore or crappy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Weight training with a cardio warm-up 2-3 days a week, long distance cross-country run or hike on Sundays, whatever I feel like the rest of the days...sometimes just couch surfing.

As the weather warms up, there will be more physical activity - backpacking, kayaking, etc...anything outdoors will do. B)
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Weight training with a cardio warm-up 2-3 days a week, long distance cross-country run or hike on Sundays, whatever I feel like the rest of the days...sometimes just couch surfing.

As the weather warms up, there will be more physical activity - backpacking, kayaking, etc...anything outdoors will do. B)

I can't wait to get back on my kayak! Wintertime in HI means high surf in Kapolei. Another month and I'm going to go crazy ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Formal working out (usually a fitness class or two) about 5x a week. Days off - a stretch class, if the weather permits, riding my bike (which I would do on active days as well), walking to errands.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in a day, but they worked on it every day. I exercise every day.
  • David2788
    David2788 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Rome wasn't built in a day, but they worked on it every day. I exercise every day.

I like this analogy!
  • daisy_henchliffe
    Options
    An hour a day home exercise plus gym mondays and swimming Tuesdays but all at extremely gentle pace and no resistance whatsoever