What frustrates YOU at the gym?

Options

Replies

• deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The guys who lift weights too heavy for them so they can't maintain good form. And their grunts and occasional yells of effort.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am sick of getting headaches. It's an issue I have from a chronic neck problem and it pisses me off.
  • meanie1978
    meanie1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hate it when girls finish exercising and they still look gorgeous.. I look like a beetroot... Im not jealous honestly ha ha.. I think work harder!!
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    meanie1978 wrote: »
    I hate it when girls finish exercising and they still look gorgeous.. I look like a beetroot... Im not jealous honestly ha ha.. I think work harder!!

Why do you think they still look gorgeous?
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not knowing how to work most of the equipment and nobody around to ask for help :/
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    people so used to see themselves in mirrors around the gym that hey often do it outside even.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    My reflection in the mirror, the rest of it is just noise
  • MayPLE33
    MayPLE33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I rarely have problem at the gym coz my I hardly get myself to gym. My discipline frustates me.
    T_T
  • brightonbetty
    brightonbetty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, the gym. The things frustrating me the most at my gym right now are:

- People who don't wipe down equipment after themselves - so, so gross. It takes 2 seconds to clean up after yourself; it is the height of rudeness and laziness not to do so.
    - People who don't re-rack their weights after using them. I like to get in, do my workout and get out, I don't want to waste my time wandering around the gym trying to find the dumbells I need, only to discover that some asshat has left them under a bench, tucked away in the corner, abandoned.
    - People that camp out in front of the TRX bands doing sit ups or whatever, and will not move to the alternative empty mat space just to the right of them, which was put there for that exact purpose.
    - People that talk loudly on their mobile phones whilst they are are half-assing it on machines. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You're here to work out - get on with it.

Rant over! o:)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Oh, the gym. The things frustrating me the most at my gym right now are:

- People that camp out in front of the TRX bands doing sit ups or whatever, and will not move to the alternative empty mat space just to the right of them, which was put there for that exact purpose.

Rant over! o:)

In our gym we hve the same problem at the punching bag. I'm punching and stepping, if you are under my feet it's your problem. I have a weight advantage lol
  • inkaholic_01
    Options
    People walking around me when I'm DB pressing, so close that they almost walk into my arm!
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    not having someone to spot for me when i need it :\
    i'll spot for others when asked, just wish i had a gym buddy s'all
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    • No concept of personal space - like having a chat literally RIGHT BEHIND the step machine I'm on. Seriously, if I fall backwards you're going down.
    • Chatters and texters - JUST WORK OUT. STOP TAKING SELFIES WE CAN SEE YOUR LACK OF MUSCLE DEFINITION THAT YOU HAVEN'T WORKED OUT SO STOP #FITFORLYFE
    • Guys who get on the rower/cross trainer machine RIGHT NEXT TO YOU when there's a million vacant ones...then proceed to up their levels so they are *just* faster/harder than you. S'ok man...I'm pretty fit, I can do this all day. See how great you are in 5 minutes when you can't sustain it or breathe because you don't understand the concept of intense interval training SEE YA
    • Grunters. If you have to make sex/pig/angry noises then it's either too damn heavy or you're attention seeking. I'm not saying it's a library in here, but is there any real NEED to grunt like you're pushing a 10 stone bowel movement on every damn lift/squat/cycle? No.

What I LOVE at the gym is people who develop their own personal exercises. Oooh days. Have been known to have to run for the loo to do wees with laughter.

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    People that blow around like its a fashion show, or a nightclub!! get in, work hard, sweat and go!!!

^this
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Chatty dude who claims a weight bench, does one set, then chats up his buddies for 20 minutes.
    The girl who only wears workout pants and a sports bra. It's not that hot in here. Put on a shirt!
  • irresistiblr
    Options
    meanie1978 wrote: »

Personally, i don't sweat much lifting weights. I do all the big lifts and push myself, its just not a pace that makes me sweat. However, if i do cardio i will drip sweat all over the place! Im kind of jealous of those who sweat while lifting
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MY gym is just lack of free weights. Lack of barbells only 3. lack of 45s only 8. They still have old weights that are 44s not 45.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    When people don't wipe down the equipment after using! :angry:
  • Awolkawasaki
    Awolkawasaki Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bros that check their muscles between reps... it's still the same and your mom doesn't love you