Craving Something Sweet

Options
im_simply_karen
im_simply_karen Posts: 50 Member
Anybody have any ideas for a low calorie snack when I'm craving something sweet? thanks :)

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sugar-free jello with or without cool whip. A whole package of SF jello mix is typically 40 calories or less. That's a lot of volume for very little calories.

ETA: And by Jello, I mean gelatin. Not pudding, though I think the SF pudding is pretty low cal too, just not as low cal.
  • AshLynn3254
    AshLynn3254 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really like Helados mango bars! They're 140 calories and delicious.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    EASY microwave "apple pie" that only takes 2 minutes to make! http://thinking-tink.blogspot.com/2015/02/easy-2-minute-microwave-apple-pie.html
  • morganlefey86
    morganlefey86 Posts: 7
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I usually make a salad with romaine, pear fruit cup (the 100% juice no added stuff), crasins, a red onion, and a sweet light balsamic dressing. With out the fruit it's about 60 calories, with the fruit it's 80 more. It's on my list of things I eat when I'm having a sweet fix.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Some dried fruit, apple slices with cinnamon & honey, a rice cake with cottage cheese, honey and banana slices, yogurt with berries.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I eat the 60 calorie puddings that are either chocolate, vanilla, chocolate/vanilla mix, or dulce de leche. Or I eat the 90 calorie ice cream cups from TruMoo.
  • sushiandtea
    sushiandtea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They're a litte expensive if you don't buy them in bulk somewhere like Costco, but Liberte's blueberry yoghurts are amazing. 87cals a pot and really filling.

Any fat-free greek yoghurt is good, though; when I can't get to costco I just buy the supermarket brand. Make it sweet by adding 1/2 to 1tsp of sweetener per 100g. You can mix it up with cocoa powder, fruit, honey, etc. :3
  • Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a serious sweet tooth too! I often have something "bad" in controlled portions (i.e. chocolate candy). That's not really healthy/ clean, though. Sugar free Fudgdicles (40 cal ea) are good, a small box of chocolate yogurt raisins= 110 cal, and I'm going to try drizzling chocolate syrup (sugar free?) over a banana. Oh- and caramel or chocolate flavored rice cakes rock!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yeah have some chocolate
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I will go into a gas-station convenience store and fill a 16 oz. cup about 1/2 full of one of those so called cappuccino-type hot drinks. I fill the rest with decaf. Add a little cinnamon on top. About 80 calories. I find it very satisfying and comforting on a cold night. If I'm craving ice cream, I fill a larger cup with ice but use the same amounts. Or..ice, decaf coffee and then two or three of the International Delite creamers (maybe a chocolate and a hazelnut or add an Irish Cream). (70 or 105 calories). Again, I might sprinkle cinnamon on top. Satisfies that ice cream craving especially since coffee ice cream is my favorite flavor. A 16 oz. drink to me is more filling than a handful of something solid.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    fruit snacks. Or anything "fun size," if you must have chocolate. My workplace has one of those machines where you put in a quarter and get about 15 m&ms. That usually does it for me.
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    At home, my new favorite is my protein lava cake. 1/3 cup liquid eggwhites, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder. Mix well, microwave for 30-45 sec. a fluffy, spongy top with yummy goodness underneath.

Or a square or two of dark chocolate.
  • sing809
    sing809 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That lava cake sounds good.

These are my two favorite recipes for satisfying my sweet tooth.

http://www.glutenfreefitness.com/ridiculously-high-protein-high-fiber-gluten-free-muffin-recipe/
    So far my favorite variations are cocoa applesauce muffins and banana chocolate chip muffins.

http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-gluten-free-black-bean-brownies/
    (I modify these by adding protein powder and use erythritol and stevia instead of sugar.)
  • crisavemen
    crisavemen Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    chocolate-pancakes-2002262-x.jpg
    2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
    1 small banana, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks

Calories per serving:
  • aliciamarie80
    Options
    A small square of dark chocolate
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just made those chocolate dipped bananas, great idea! Lots of good ideas here to try. Sometimes I'll also 'cut' a high-fat hot drink, like cappuccino or hot chocolate with some plain decaf coffee. All the taste with only half the guilt.
  • shelbyowjohn
    shelbyowjohn Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    egg white puffs! full of protein, VERY cheap and easy to make, and no carb. you can do them in different flavors too.

http://www.theathletarian.com/2012/01/16/guilt-free-deliciousness/
  • tricia7673
    tricia7673 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers frozen yogurt strawberry smoothie bars. 1 is 60 calories and they are so yummy!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The banana bites were delicious... and I only ate half :)
  • Renee0208
    Renee0208 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PB2 Peanut butter, a cup of almond milk, banana, chia seed, Greek yogurt and cocoa powder make a awesome smoothie.