Exercises with no equipment and not leaving house

Options
too cold, snowy, icy to walk outside and can't afford gym or equipment. So what can I do at home? And I don't care for videos.

Replies

• andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well that limits things... Are you sure you WANT to work out? If yes, then my only suggestion is to look up printable body weight routines.
  • tribefan0725
    tribefan0725 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Google "best hotel room workouts". I travel a lot and have used workouts I find online that I can do in a hotel room without any equipment. Good luck!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    sit ups, pushups , stride jumps and burpees.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yoga:)
  • drainqueen
    drainqueen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? There are several apps that have exercise routines. I'm currently using 30 day butt challenge, 30 day burpee challenge & 30 day cardio challenge. App tells me how many reps of each exercise. Include an instructional video. Remind you each day to exercise.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No videos? :| Well then don't go to the awesome website known as Fitnessblender.com, which has over 400 free workouts of varying lengths, many requiring zero equipment, just body weight. Ignore that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So put on some music and dance around for 30 minutes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    too cold, snowy, icy to walk outside and can't afford gym or equipment. So what can I do at home? And I don't care for videos.
    1000 pushups.
  • BlueCantei
    BlueCantei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YouTube Fitnessblender. They have plenty of home videos suitable for all types of people, size, low intensity, high intensity, short workouts and long ones aswell.
  • BlueCantei
    BlueCantei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YouTube Fitnessblender. They have plenty of home videos suitable for all types of people, size, low intensity, high intensity, short workouts and long ones aswell.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Lots of workouts on here, without videos:
    http://neilarey.com/
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Look up "You Are Your Own Gym".
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs in your house? Run up and down them.
    Jumping jacks, sit-ups, squats, jump rope, lunges. The possibilities are multiple. Good luck. The hardest part is starting.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics aka bodyweight exercises. All you need is a floor.
  • amyashworth98
    amyashworth98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do the hokey-pokey over and over for 30 minutes getting faster as you go. Works for kindergardeners. :p
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yoga and Pilates are my faves at home. There is also a seemingly unlimited amount of workout videos on YouTube. I did a cardio-dance one the other night that really did kick my butt!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Checkout THEBETTYROCKER.com She has instructional videos but then your supposed to do 3 sets of her moves. All of her stuff is body weight oriented so no gym and no equipment is needed
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    While you are on youtube checking out Fitness Blender, also check out Body Rock and Be Fit.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Push up progressions, squat progressions, glute bridge-type progressions, pull up progressions, core progressions, mobility + flexibility work & interval cardio.

Don't know your current abilities, but you should be able to work up to some decent strength, flexibility and c-v fitness with limited room and no equipment. (for example one arm push ups, single leg squats, strict pull ups, various planking maneuvers, front/side splits and tabata squats)

I like the old adage that "good kung fu can be practiced in the shadow of a cow". The same is true of a lot of quality exercise (including all the harder examples I give above)

Just takes time, effort, hard work and patience.