Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 9!!

Options

Replies

• idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oh yellow square. You shall be mine one day!

HAHAHA!!! That is EXACTLY how I feel. I was like "3.3lb...that is so close! Surely I will somehow have a yellow box." Dang. Two weeks. We need to step it up!!! Good luck!!! :bigsmile:
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies. I would really love to hit 3lbs again but realistically I don't know. My grandpa's funeral is tomorrow and viewing tonight. I haven't eaten all that well and I did not exercise Sunday or Monday. But here is to hoping and hitting it hard! Oh, and more water and less sodium. Let's go ladies!!! Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Oops I forgot to WI yesterday too. I'm up to 179 this week. Not a lot but not a loss. :( I hope I can still be apart of the group. :smile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of updating the chart.

I don't know what the deal is with my weight. Praying TOM is coming or something. It was so nice to see the 171's last week but my weight has been back up around 174 the last 2 days. So frustrating.

I should get the results of my bloodwork back in a week or two and I'm hoping that my thyroid has stayed normal. I was told it was hypo a couple years ago and about a yr ago I had it retested and they said it was close to normal levels. *shrug* I'm just ready to be out of the 170's and stop having my weight fluctuate so much.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    good work everyone!

I think I am mostly over my second cold in a month and think I can breathe again without feeling like I am going to cough up a lung (I have been sick since beginning of April). This one sat in my lungs and chest so long and it drained me like you wouldn't believe. I am ready to get back to working out now. Starting tonight! I bought turbofire last night and will hopefully start their prep plan this week. (going to ease in a little with some DVDs I know and am comfortable with first).

I had a flare-up of stress in my life in recent weeks and used that as an excuse to stop taking this seriously. I am done feeling sorry for myself! :smile:
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a week of eating at maintenance calories helped boost my metabolism. I've lost another 1.6 since Sunday. I am out of the 230s!

my goals...

to keep on trucking!!!

here's to a good week ladies!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I don't know what happened with the chart this week. I must not have saved it after I entered some of your weights, because I remember putting some in that aren't there now...
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Great week last week, ladies!!! Here's hoping we can all keep up the momentum!!

My goal this week is to really stick to my cals and get in as much exercise as I can in light of the fact that I have another weekend away from home coming up this weekend. That will mean eating out and trying my hardest to resist imbibing too much. Saturday is a wine festival, Sunday is a get together to celebrate my sister's wedding - which was a destination wedding back in January - and I just KNOW that good food and good drink will be plentiful!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing this Rachel! Ladies, I need to push myself these next couple of weeks as I will be in a bikini on Memorial Daya with my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law's fiance, who are two of the most fit women I know. The sister-in-law is a fitness competitor and model, and will actually be competing in a month. Eek!!!

Good luck this week everyone!
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    My replacement DVDs are on their way!!! Yay!!! Core and Kenpo, you will also be mine! Mwahaha. :devil:
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm really focusing on logging my food. I got kind of sloppy about it last week. So far so good this week on that front. Work and the kids have me feeling so bogged down and overwhelmed. Since I know I am an emotional eater, I have been trying to keep good food choices in the house so I can't sabotage myself. 100 calorie popcorn instead of chips. Nonfat frozen yogurt or sugar free pudding for dessert fix. Diet rootbeer - I know it has no nutritional value, but it just makes me happy.
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    So, I realized yesterday, thanks to a very supportive fellow Pin-Up, that I am secretely sabotaging myself and whining and complaining because I'm "supposedly doing everything right" and getting no where.

Well.

If I'm honest with myself, I'm not getting anywhere for a reason.

So, I lived it up yesterday after I decided to be honest with myself, and I'm back on the wagon again today. My new mantra is:

If you bite it, WRITE IT!!! (Biotch!) I can call myself that, right?

And no more exercise excuses!! My PMDD has gotten outrageously out of control again, and my relationship with my guy has suffered. Honestly, I don't know how he dealt with me this past month. He should be nominated for sainthood!

I also have not been hitting my water goals, and that's just as important as everything else, especially when you're exercising.

So, my goals for the next few weeks:

1. Write everything that passes through my lips
    2. Exercise. Every day. No excuses
    3. Water, water, water

That in and of itself will be enough of a challenge for me for a few weeks, so you won't see much variation on my goals. And I wrote it on a sticky note and posted it on my computer monitor next to one that says "Losing weight is sacrifice and hard work and doing things you don't want to do".

Bye-bye fun-sized Snickers bars and DOTS. *sigh* It was fun while it lasted. Watch out Onederland!! Here I come!!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    That in and of itself will be enough of a challenge for me for a few weeks, so you won't see much variation on my goals. And I wrote it on a sticky note and posted it on my computer monitor next to one that says "Losing weight is sacrifice and hard work and doing things you don't want to do".

That's amazing. I too, came to the realization a couple weeks ago that I was whining about this 'not working', but when I actually sat down and looked....I wasn't even trying!!!

Let's COMMIT!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well...Keep it up DIVAS :love:

I really wnted to push this week but with TOM looming and my baby tething I havent done any form of exercise for the week......But I have been able to keep the cravings to a minumum so hopefully I wont gain more weight....Hopefully the next 2 weeks I can go out with a bang
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options

That's amazing. I too, came to the realization a couple weeks ago that I was whining about this 'not working', but when I actually sat down and looked....I wasn't even trying!!!

Let's COMMIT!!! :flowerforyou:

YOU CAN BOTH DO IT!!!!

You've given yourself the talking to now it's time to put it into action! Remember to keep challenging yourself with the workouts. When you feel like whatever you are doing is even remotely getting easier, kick it up a notch!

I'll be cheering you on!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    YOU CAN BOTH DO IT!!!!

You've given yourself the talking to now it's time to put it into action! Remember to keep challenging yourself with the workouts. When you feel like whatever you are doing is even remotely getting easier, kick it up a notch!

I'll be cheering you on!

You asked me yesterday, what my workout plan was, and I told you "at least 20min on the treadmill (1min run/walk intervals at 3.7mph and 6.0mph) and 20min on the elliptical on the standard interval setting".

Well during my workout I remembered that, and thought why can't I push harder??

So I ended up doing my first 5, 1min walks, at 3.7mph and the second 5 at 3.8. And my first 5 runs were at 6.0mph, next 3 at 6.3mph and last 2 at 6.1mph. :flowerforyou:
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Yay fantastic! Good for you!

Next challenge - if you want to take it - run for 1.5 mins and walk for 1 min and repeat. And you can vary your speeds like you did last night!

Are you up for it?!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Yay fantastic! Good for you!

Next challenge - if you want to take it - run for 1.5 mins and walk for 1 min and repeat. And you can vary your speeds like you did last night!

Are you up for it?!

Last week I did a couple days alternating 2min runs at 5.8mph, and 1min walks at 3.7mph for 15-20min, but I think that was too much of a jump, because I lost good form too quickly. I want to push myself but I need to do it at a better rate so that I can progress and keep good form, so as not to create injury.

I'll do that tonight!!! 1.5min runs at, at least, 6.0mph and 1min walks. Pushing out of my comfort zone to create change!! :drinker:
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Last week I did a couple days alternating 2min runs at 5.8mph, and 1min walks at 3.7mph for 15-20min, but I think that was too much of a jump, because I lost good form too quickly. I want to push myself but I need to do it at a better rate so that I can progress and keep good form, so as not to create injury.

I'll do that tonight!!! 1.5min runs at, at least, 6.0mph and 1min walks. Pushing out of my comfort zone to create change!! :drinker:

Yay that's the attitude!! Next step will be 1.5 min run and 30 second walk!!!