Roadtrip food

Options
In a few day I'm going on a road trip with some friends for about a week. I won't be able to really exercise and I'm not sure what to bring, we're most likely going to be eating out a lot, and my friends bring tons of junk food. What are some foods that don't need to be refrigerated that I can make and eat instead? Thanks :)

Replies

• john062
    john062 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerkey is always good to take
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    smartpop popcorn mmmm
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    also beef jerky
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veg tend to be fine at those temperatures. I like dried fruit as well, and nuts.
  • StephJC81
    StephJC81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Why won't you be able to exercise? A person can exercise anywhere. You can do squats, burpees, lunges, mountain climbers, jump squats, jumping jacks, oh jeepers, I can go on and on. As for foods, it will be a little tough, try and get a little fabric cooler bag and throw in a ice pack. That way you can bring cheese strings, cut up veggies, smaller fruits, small snack size greek yogurt (for your protein which will help you stay full), etc. Good luck and have fun on your road trip! :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    In addition to what's already been said, canned tuna and/or chicken.

Really - anything that's fairly small and doesn't need to be cooled (and preferably OK eaten cold/room temperature) should be fine.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Tuna, sardines, nuts & dried fruit (try making your own trail mix), peanut butter & crackers, granola bars...
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets
    Protein bars
    Apples
    Bananas
    Pretzels
    Carrots
    Beef jerky
    Air popped popcorn
    Nuts
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I am starting a road trip soon too and starting to plan.
  • Super_sarah96
    Super_sarah96 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    mizzzc wrote: »
    smartpop popcorn mmmm

thanks i didnt think about popcorn!
  • Super_sarah96
    Options
    StephJC81 wrote: »
    Why won't you be able to exercise? A person can exercise anywhere. You can do squats, burpees, lunges, mountain climbers, jump squats, jumping jacks, oh jeepers, I can go on and on. As for foods, it will be a little tough, try and get a little fabric cooler bag and throw in a ice pack. That way you can bring cheese strings, cut up veggies, smaller fruits, small snack size greek yogurt (for your protein which will help you stay full), etc. Good luck and have fun on your road trip! :)

I'll be in a car, out somewhere, or sharing a room with people. thanks i'll try to get one of those
  • Super_sarah96
    Options
    Tuna, sardines, nuts & dried fruit (try making your own trail mix), peanut butter & crackers, granola bars...

sounds yummy i'll try that
  • Super_sarah96
    Options
    Tuna packets
    Protein bars
    Apples
    Bananas
    Pretzels
    Carrots
    Beef jerky
    Air popped popcorn
    Nuts

thanks!
  • Super_sarah96
    Options
    Thanks for this. I am starting a road trip soon too and starting to plan.

have fun on your trip
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yogurt covered fruits or pretzels
  • AngieY1975
    Options
    If you take a small cooler my tip is to freeze fruit. It can be a refreshing snack and also serves as ice to chill other foods. As you stop at gas stations you can usually get ice from the soda machine for free just ask first and make sure you have zip lock bags to put it in so you don't get charged for a cup each time. Or you can freeze bottles of water, as it melts you have a cold drink.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    butter or oil, eggs, and aluminum foil. oil the foil, cracky da eggs, eggs on the block. Drive a bit, cooked.
  • Super_sarah96
    Options
    AngieY1975 wrote: »
    If you take a small cooler my tip is to freeze fruit. It can be a refreshing snack and also serves as ice to chill other foods. As you stop at gas stations you can usually get ice from the soda machine for free just ask first and make sure you have zip lock bags to put it in so you don't get charged for a cup each time. Or you can freeze bottles of water, as it melts you have a cold drink.
    That's a really good idea thanks!