College students losing weight TOGETHER!!

Options
Hello everyone!

Just looking for friends who are trying to balance weight loss with college life as that's my current situation.

Here's my journey so far

I was a stressed full time college (may 2014) student at 185 pounds (5'4") and realized it was time to get back on track as health issues and obesity are a problem in my family. I began clean eating and taking BodyPump and Cycle classes at 24 hour fitness and lost 18 pounds on my own before returning to MFP for IIFYM and losing 11 more! I am now at 158 and hope to go down into the 130s. Other apps/devices that helped me tremendously are my Fitbit, Polar HRM, and Stickk. I also use Instagram for weight loss motivation! I have never used the community feature on MFP but would love to start adding friends on here for motivation!

I keep an open diary! Feel free to post your journey/story/goals and add me!!

We can do this!

-Demi

Replies

• akoullias
    akoullias Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, a student, and I started at 181. I'm down to 147 so far.
    I joined a lose 20 pounds by Easter group at New Years so my goal right now is 135 by April 13 (I started the challenge a week late) and then I'll set a new goal when I get there. Ideally I wanted to be 123 by my 23rd birthday which is May 29th but I know that's a lofty goal so I'll see how this challenge goes first.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • demisidrak
    demisidrak Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Than
    akoullias wrote: »
    I'm 22, a student, and I started at 181. I'm down to 147 so far.
    I joined a lose 20 pounds by Easter group at New Years so my goal right now is 135 by April 13 (I started the challenge a week late) and then I'll set a new goal when I get there. Ideally I wanted to be 123 by my 23rd birthday which is May 29th but I know that's a lofty goal so I'll see how this challenge goes first.

Anyone can feel free to add me!

Thanks for sharing!! Added :)
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    21, 5 foot 5 inches, graduating in April! The most I've weighed is about 150 but when I began a few weeks ago I was 137. Now I am currently about 133.5...trying to maintain at 130!

Feel free to add me :)
  • demisidrak
    Options
    21, 5 foot 5 inches, graduating in April! The most I've weighed is about 150 but when I began a few weeks ago I was 137. Now I am currently about 133.5...trying to maintain at 130!

Feel free to add me :)

Hi!
    I would love to be where you are now. Keep it up and thanks for sharing!
  • qwe12370
    qwe12370 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm currently a Sophomore, I weighed about 185. I am trying to get down to at least 170. Feel free to add me! My food diary is open.
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a junior, 5'7" and started my journey at 192 lbs. I'm currently 167. When I started college I was in the 145 area. I gained almost 50 pounds over freshman year- scary I know! I ate fast food almost everyday and took full advantage of my meal plan. I'd like to get down to about 135-140.

Add me if you would like! :smiley:
  • demisidrak
    Options
    Hi! I'm a junior, 5'7" and started my journey at 192 lbs. I'm currently 167. When I started college I was in the 145 area. I gained almost 50 pounds over freshman year- scary I know! I ate fast food almost everyday and took full advantage of my meal plan. I'd like to get down to about 135-140.

Add me if you would like! :smiley:

Aren't meal plans the worst?? Congratulations on choosing a better life!! You've been added :)
  • demisidrak
    Options
    qwe12370 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm currently a Sophomore, I weighed about 185. I am trying to get down to at least 170. Feel free to add me! My food diary is open.

Just added you! Thanks for sharing and good luck on your journey.
  • lg3737
    Options
    Hello
    I'm currently a freshmen nursing student. I'm attending evening school, and it has been very difficult for me to stay on track. Avoiding the vending machines at school is hard. I currently weight 169. I'm setting small goals for myself and the first one is making it to 150.
  • QueerAbuela
    QueerAbuela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman, at a healthy weight but looking to lose a little more and get fit and healthy. I'm only 4' 10" so my goal weight in somewhere in the lower 90's range. My heaviest weight has been 119, but my starting weight as of MFP was 110. I've lost 6lbs already!
    anyone can feel free to add me, but I'll be adding most of you guys now!
  • jordanthesword
    jordanthesword Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman, my goal is to be 115lbs by May. I'm currently 132. And have been that way for a while (i seem to be stuck) I'm 5"2' and so far I've lost about 8 lbs. I'm going to Disney World in June and want to be small enough to wear a cute bathing suit. Add me if you'd like :)
  • demisidrak
    Options
    lg3737 wrote: »
    Hello
    I'm currently a freshmen nursing student. I'm attending evening school, and it has been very difficult for me to stay on track. Avoiding the vending machines at school is hard. I currently weight 169. I'm setting small goals for myself and the first one is making it to 150.

I added you! I hope you acheive a freshman NEGATIVE 15! ☺️

Good luck!!
  • demisidrak
    Options
    I'm a freshman, my goal is to be 115lbs by May. I'm currently 132. And have been that way for a while (i seem to be stuck) I'm 5"2' and so far I've lost about 8 lbs. I'm going to Disney World in June and want to be small enough to wear a cute bathing suit. Add me if you'd like :)

Added! Your beginning is my end goal! Haha good luck on your journey girl!
  • Feelgood97
    Feelgood97 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :D
  • demisidrak
    Options
    Feelgood97 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me :D

Done!
  • carlie1994
    carlie1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20 or 30 pounds (or whatever it takes to fit into my old jeans) by my 21st birthday, which is June 2nd. My biggest problems are stress, lack of sleep and time to exercise between work and school, and a big tendency to binge eat (leftover from an eating disorder in high school).

I'm 5'10", 165, and a junior. Feel free to add me! Winter months are the worst and I totally need the motivation.
  • reiberd
    reiberd Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i feel like i belong in this feed! my goal is to stop binge eating or use tactics to talk myself down from binge eating. I am a graduate student, 5'2 and 128lb and also encounter stress eating, lack of sleep and bouts of poor self esteem. i would love to check in wit this feed!
    thanks,
    dallas
  • missa101101
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    I am finishing up my freshman year. I currently weight 180 and I'm 5' 8. My goal weight is 145. I actually use to weight that in high school and I really want to get back there. I would love to have the support from others because I have no one to work out with and its hard to change your diet and start working out when your by yourself.
  • demisidrak
    Options
    carlie1994 wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose 20 or 30 pounds (or whatever it takes to fit into my old jeans) by my 21st birthday, which is June 2nd. My biggest problems are stress, lack of sleep and time to exercise between work and school, and a big tendency to binge eat (leftover from an eating disorder in high school).

I'm 5'10", 165, and a junior. Feel free to add me! Winter months are the worst and I totally need the motivation.

You can do it girl!
    I know how you feel! Only time I have to workout is if I wake up at 5AM which means 4-5 hours of sleep some days but it honestly makes me feel good the rest of the day. This quarter I'm taking 28 units + working so the stress is nonstop but do not let anything get in the way of you goals! I'm here for any support or motivation and I can definitely use some myself!

• demisidrak
    Options
    reiberd wrote: »
    i feel like i belong in this feed! my goal is to stop binge eating or use tactics to talk myself down from binge eating. I am a graduate student, 5'2 and 128lb and also encounter stress eating, lack of sleep and bouts of poor self esteem. i would love to check in wit this feed!
    thanks,
    dallas

Stres and binge eating were a major weakness of mine but calorie counting helped and so did having low calorie options all the time so it's guilt free (fruits and veggies). If I know I might binge at night a particular day, I'll sleep early, distract myself, or save up calories for night time. There are so many other ways to dealing with stress and taking walks/lifting is a major one for me.