Help! Help!

Options
Sunhee123
Sunhee123 Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Week into this process, it's so hard maintaining the counting process! It's a guessing game! I do hope I'm counting as closely as possible!!!
Please say it gets easier!!!?!!! ;)

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Get a digital scale, watch videos on youtube to learn how to properly measure and keep going. The mobile version of MFP allows you to scan barcodes and the database is pretty good.

There's a pattern to what your eating, it's many of the same things and ingredients. So after a couple of weeks you'll be a pro at it, after a couple months you'll be able to start predicting and planning calorie counts better. Just takes a little to get into the routine.
  • Sunhee123
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks a million!!! It's getting little easier but still a struggle. :)
  • moulecular
    moulecular Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You will love yourself more when you get more results! Soon it will become a habit and it will be easier. Good luck! Feel free to add me as well.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It is a learning process! You get better and better, it takes me about 1 minute to log each meal. The app on the iphone is much quicker...by being able to photograph the barcode, or how it saves recent entries...keep at it!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • Sunhee123
    Options
    [quote="moulecular;31387639"Keep it up! You will love yourself more when you get more results! Soon it will become a habit and it will be easier. Good luck! Feel free to add me as well.[/quote]

Thank you!!! Finding the right source of info. is a task. I'm learning!! :)
  • Sunhee123
    Options
    It is a learning process! You get better and better, it takes me about 1 minute to log each meal. The app on the iphone is much quicker...by being able to photograph the barcode, or how it saves recent entries...keep at it!

:) You are so right!! Today, I'm fasting, so it will be easier.
  • Sunhee123
    Options
    moulecular wrote: »
    Keep it up! You will love yourself more when you get more results! Soon it will become a habit and it will be easier. Good luck! Feel free to add me as well.

Thanks a million!! You are right!! I'm trying!
  • Sunhee123
    Options

Thank you!! It is getting little easier, but I'm still having difficult time find the right info. to log in.
    I'm still ticking n trying!! ;))
  • Sunhee123
    Options
    Rogsman wrote: »
    Get a digital scale, watch videos on youtube to learn how to properly measure and keep going. The mobile version of MFP allows you to scan barcodes and the database is pretty good.

There's a pattern to what your eating, it's many of the same things and ingredients. So after a couple of weeks you'll be a pro at it, after a couple months you'll be able to start predicting and planning calorie counts better. Just takes a little to get into the routine.

Thank you!!! You're right!! -- I do have some difficult time still trying to find the right food and the ingredients to log in. :))
  • AElizabeth0629
    AElizabeth0629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Let's lose weight together! Add me as a friend!
  • Sunhee123
    Options
    Let's lose weight together! Add me as a friend!

My pleasure! Thanks for asking!!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Sunhee123 wrote: »

Thank you!!! You're right!! -- I do have some difficult time still trying to find the right food and the ingredients to log in. :))

If you have a smartphone, download the My Fitness Pal app. It has a barcode scanner so you don't have to look stuff up. Just scan it with your phone's camera. It's super handy.
  • Sunhee123
    Options
    Sunhee123 wrote: »

If you have a smartphone, download the My Fitness Pal app. It has a barcode scanner so you don't have to look stuff up. Just scan it with your phone's camera. It's super handy.

I have the app but didn't know about the barcode scanner. Thanks a million!!!