Donuts

Options

Replies

• monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    oh yeah round rock donuts are awesome.

Yes!! I live in Austin, those are really good. I'm craving a hot Krispy Kreme though...I try to stay away from the donut since they have trans fats.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Dunks has the heart shaped brownie batter ones in right now.
    I think I need to have one before they are out of season.
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    With this app I ate a trader joe's smore ice cream sandwich...for breakfast.

Oops! Still within my calorie goal though : )
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Shoppers food warehouse has their own version of a crossaint donut, and its only .89. They are crack donuts if you ask me, so addictive
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    I only like KK donuts when they are super fresh. Otherwise they are too sickly sweet for me (and that is saying something).

I enjoy DD but only a few kinds (blueberry is my fav).

Not a huge donut person in general though.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Mmm... Hot Krispy Kreme donuts. Heaven.
    They just opened a new KK near my parents house so now every time the family gets together my dad brings a dozen fresh glazed. So hard to resist, so I usually don't.
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    inthslif wrote: »
    My was a chocolate cream filled. .....it took ten minutes to eat......oooohhh

You have good taste in donuts. You're talking about the chocolate frosted/crème filled right? They're the best Krispy Kremes, imo. How it took you ten minutes though is beyond me. Eating five would take me 10 minutes. :smile: There are no Krispy Kremes in my area anymore. I'll have to live vicariously through your experience. :cry:

Yes......it is an awesome donut. .....it might have been a minute or two in eating it.....but the great feeling lasted all afternoon
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Strange Donuts in St. Louis. That is all.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My family loves Krispy Kreme and used to drive 45 minutes with hopes that the hot sign would be lit up. KK was right across from the hospital my pedatritians worked out of and every time I went to the hospital...we had to stop for donuts whether I liked it or not. I hated donuts growing up but I have developed a beautiful relationship with them. Brownie Batter from Dunkin has my heart currently, and as soon as BB leaves I will go back to vanilla frosted with sprinkles. It will be a sad day when brownie batter goes
  • inthslif
    Options
    In my heavier years. ....a large cinnamon twist and a coffee was the norm......that mom n pop shop knew how to make a twist.....mmmmmm
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love love love donuts....definitely my weakness! I think I have only had one since I started mfp in January...once I eat one I want another
  • Robbnva
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not a donut but I just found about something Canada has been hiding from us, beaver tails, I want one
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In my heavier years. ....a large cinnamon twist and a coffee was the norm......that mom n pop shop knew how to make a twist.....mmmmmm
    I would eat most of a twelve dozen box and some kolaches when I was obese. I could have eaten the thing in one sitting but the rest of the family would take their donut or two.

• Robbnva
    Options
    Oh I wish they had kolaches in Maryland, my kids love those
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly picky about donuts. The chains just don't do it for me. I grew up with jelly 'beignets' in France and it's been hard to find something as good.

But Donut Plant in NYC is seriously fantastic. I tried the hazelnut and the creme brulee ones and they were incredible

20150113_092212_zpsb86909c3.jpg

And a salted caramel donut from a local donut shop that opened two months ago. I've tried three of their donuts so far and they are delicious.. so light and fluffy.

DSC_1971_zpschls8pnt.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    Strange Donuts in St. Louis. That is all.

Just went there two weeks ago, loved the salted caramel and the gooey butter cake donut!

Also putting a vote in for Round Rock donuts!
  • inthslif
    Options
    We need a donut day once a week......OnE donut
  • williamgprice
    williamgprice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nope, if it's a donut, it's gotta be this one. It's been on food network.

round-rock-donuts.jpg

Este. Everyone else in this thread is just wrong.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Though it wasn't in my heavier days, but in my marathon runner/triathlete days when I had a super high metabolism, there was this small little shop near my office that sold apple fritters the size of my head and I would get one at least once a week.