Where are my support people hehe

Options
Yes its Friday. My hubby wanted to go out for chinese. I told him I wasn't ready to face that temptation. It is freezing cold out so that helps. I have decided to cook us a little breakfast. NO BACON..I am hoping I will be rewarded for this good behavior in the morning when I stand on the scales. Happy Friday everyone!

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yes its Friday. My hubby wanted to go out for chinese. I told him I wasn't ready to face that temptation. It is freezing cold out so that helps. I have decided to cook us a little breakfast. NO BACON..I am hoping I will be rewarded for this good behavior in the morning when I stand on the scales. Happy Friday everyone!
  • soontobeslim
    Options
    i just took the kids out for chinese....which raises the question...how fattening is chinese? all those veggies...if you stay away from the sweet/sour sauces and fried egg rolls, is it still bad? i'm not dumb when it comes to calories but i may be kinds stupid about chinese food...

hope i'm not posting this reply in the wrong place. this is all new to me.....

have a great weekend.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We are here dear!
    I am sure that you are going to be just fine :happy: :wink:
    Just think of how nuch salt is in that food. and how much water you are not going to be retaining because you skipped it for a more healthy option!
    Happy Friday to you too! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
    --Diann...
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Not all chinese food is bad- most places have a diet menu now where you can get steamed chicken and veggies with brown rice and a "healthier" garlic sauce on the side. I don't know how much better this sauce is than the regular stuff they use but at least you can control how much you use and do so sparingly. I also like to make my own chicken & broccoli stir-fry at home :) But good job resisting the temptation!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i just took the kids out for chinese....which raises the question...how fattening is chinese? all those veggies...if you stay away from the sweet/sour sauces and fried egg rolls, is it still bad? i'm not dumb when it comes to calories but i may be kinds stupid about chinese food...

hope i'm not posting this reply in the wrong place. this is all new to me.....

have a great weekend.

Someone posted a site with calorie content of chinese foods it was a real eye opener. Although I hope the counts were for an entire entree which can be a quite large amount of food.

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/chinese.html
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    Options
    When I go for chinese now I make sure to just eat the steamed bean curd and brocholli. It can't be that bad can it??? I stay away from the sauces but to substitute I will use some hot sauce.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I did skip it Diane and I feel very good about it. I made a shortcake dessert. I used frozen mixed fruit mixed wth a little splenda. I put it on a shortcake that was 70 cal. and topped it with a squirt of cream. It was quite delicious, even hubby enjoyed it! Thanks to all of you who stopped by. I appreciate it.:smile: