Can Friday be my cheat day???

Options
I just want a margarita!!!!

Replies

• countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't cheat. Build the margarita into your total calorie intake for that day and the next, drink an extra glass or two of water to counteract any slight dehydration from the alcohol, and just enjoy the cocktail! If you don't go nuts on the food, you'll be fine. "Cheat days" are a bad idea. You are only rewarding yourself for not eating properly...
  • sue61802
    sue61802 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's funny! Sounds like me
  • boiledpeanutlver
    boiledpeanutlver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I soooo miss my wine in the evenings. When I lose 10 lbs I am for sure going to reward myself. I will work it into my daily calories but I might only be eating fruit that day! Lol
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Don't consider it a cheat, consider it a treat! If you've been doing good all week then have that margarita! :) Just remember to go back to business as usual tomorrow.
  • MsRaveen09
    Options
    Don't cheat. Build the margarita into your total calorie intake for that day and the next, drink an extra glass or two of water to counteract any slight dehydration from the alcohol, and just enjoy the cocktail! If you don't go nuts on the food, you'll be fine. "Cheat days" are a bad idea. You are only rewarding yourself for not eating properly...

Very good advice. Thank you ☺
  • iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    eat 150 cals less for 3-4 days before your going out for dinner/drinks p.s don't overindulge just because its a 'cheat' day..... remember its your weekly calorie intake/deficit which is going to make all the difference ;) p.s so much sugar in margaritas i am a lover of cocktails and wines but i've trained myself to just having the occasional vodka slimline tonic or diet coke (waking up the next day after splurging loads of liquid calories is a horrible feeling haha) xxxxx
  • MsRaveen09
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    just one? should be ok

Yes, I just want one. I Dont want to get carried away.
  • MsRaveen09
    Options
    I feel you! I soooo miss my wine in the evenings. When I lose 10 lbs I am for sure going to reward myself. I will work it into my daily calories but I might only be eating fruit that day! Lol

Lol.. Yes!!!
  • MsRaveen09
    Options
    Don't consider it a cheat, consider it a treat! If you've been doing good all week then have that margarita! :) Just remember to go back to business as usual tomorrow.

Lol.. Thank you
  • MsRaveen09
    Options
    eat 150 cals less for 3-4 days before your going out for dinner/drinks p.s don't overindulge just because its a 'cheat' day..... remember its your weekly calorie intake/deficit which is going to make all the difference ;) p.s so much sugar in margaritas i am a lover of cocktails and wines but i've trained myself to just having the occasional vodka slimline tonic or diet coke (waking up the next day after splurging loads of liquid calories is a horrible feeling haha) xxxxx

Very true, I think I'll just have a glass of wine just to be on the safe side.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    IMHO, I think the best way to do a cheat day, if you simply must have one, is to take one day a week and eat at maintenance. It's a really nice change of pace, and while it doesn't help you drop lbs, it doesn't actively take you two steps back the way a true "cheat day" would.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You can make the first 3 months of 2015, your cheat day !
  • feesa1212
    feesa1212 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friday and Sunday is my cheat day. I eat well all day and pick one meal to enjoy my way. Fridays I do seafood and Sundays is brunch with a mimosa!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    BEWARE! I had 2 Long Island ice teas from tgif last weekend. When I logged, I found out they were 1100 calories. Although it was my cheat day, I felt so guilty. I jogged 1.5 miles immediately. Lol.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Btw. I have been drinking about once a week since I started dieting and been maintaining weight loss. So I think it's ok... Just in moderation. Good luck!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Figure out how to make it work. But, you may find margaritas are harder than other things. I have a nice glass of wine next to me right now.
  • get_fit_reese
    get_fit_reese Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you asked this question because the responses are great. I will keep them in mind the next time I want to "cheat".