How to break through a plateau?

Options
s9foster
s9foster Posts: 25 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
What are some things that have helped you break through a plateau as far as your weight, body fat percentage, and measurements?

Replies

• slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fluctuate my intake for a couple weeks, vary up my workouts, change my macro settings.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a plateau. It is a made up phenomenon to comfort those who 'should' be losing weight, when they are actually just consuming too much.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    No such thing as a plateau. It is a made up phenomenon to comfort those who 'should' be losing weight, when they are actually just consuming too much.

Are you serious? I'd love to know where you found that little tidbit of info.

Your body adjusts to what you're eating and how you exercise and will eventually go stagnant as it reaches a state of "equilibrium" so to speak.
  • mauigirl768
    Options
    Really?! Have you ever hit a plateau? Or are you just speaking out your *kitten*? I've been eating 1200 calories a day and working out 1.5 hrs/day and have been stuck in a "plateau" for 4 weeks!
  • s9foster
    Options
    Really?! Have you ever hit a plateau? Or are you just speaking out your *kitten*? I've been eating 1200 calories a day and working out 1.5 hrs/day and have been stuck in a "plateau" for 4 weeks!
    Sorry if my post upset you.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    s9foster wrote: »

I think her post was directed at eldamiano...who is saying there is no such thing as a plateau because it means you're eating too much.
  • trentsmomma08
    trentsmomma08 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for 4 weeks and finally broke through. I was eating 1200 and working out daily but my body just wasn't having it. Like slittle80 mentioned, I increased my calories in order to compensate for the additional workouts and finally dropped .5 lbs. Then another .5lbs today. Thank goodness because I was getting incredibly discouraged. On the positive, I also started using measurements and focusing on how my clothes were feeling rather than that stupid number on the scale! Hang in there s9foster....change up your routine and 're-confuse' your body so that it's not adjusting to what you are doing.
  • s9foster
    Options
    Thanks guys. My goal is to get my body fat to 20 percent and to get stronger. Inches would help motivate. The scale. . It lies.. not really important to me. Need to trust the process I guess.
  • s9foster
    Options
    s9foster wrote: »
    Lol I wasn't sure. . All good... just didn't know if I stepped on toes!