Any Suggestions!

Options
So I just started MFP yesterday and tracked everything I ate and it looks like I have a lot of work to do. If anyone has any suggestions on things that have really worked for them please let me know. I am open to any suggestions that anyone has.

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So far you're already doing the most important part. Just keep tracking your eating, and work on setting up a healthy meal routine. Also, water is your friend - drink it!

Best of luck on your journey
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's hard without knowing what sort of things you eat and drink.

If you have sugar in your coffee - try and cut it down.
    Try having green tea occasionally instead of tea with milk
    Drink lots of water
    Cut out (or cut down on) fizzy drinks
    Have wholemeal bread instead of white bread
    Get plenty of vegetables and fruit in your diet
    If you like having fruit and cream, try fruit and natural yogurt instead
    Have oven chips instead of frying chips
    Margarine instead of butter?

But, you may already be doing all these things. :smile:
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. This is the best program out there... the only weak link is you... you have to put on your game face now... the first month is going to be tough as you transition to a healthy lifestyle...

In My Opinion:

Dont obsess about every calorie... if you go over a litte you punish yourself by doing an extra 20 min of cardio the next day.

You do not have to be a Kenyan Sprinter to exercise... simply walking on a treadmill with a slight elevation will burn more calories than running (imo)...

Make friends on here for support and keep your diary open to help keep you honest!

You will have to find your rythum.... take pieces from everyone and form your own diet and exercise program

GOOD LUCK