Couch to 5k - Starting 02/23/15

Options

Replies

• Tonya0128
    Options
    I'm starting Tomorrow!! I have severe shin splints so I rarely run. I'm hoping I can keep up with the app!
  • starsarai720
    starsarai720 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too please! I am a beginner!!!
  • zlto
    zlto Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been doing this for a couple of weeks. Not running yet just walking faster on the running time. So I'm in.
  • thundrks
    thundrks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started it once but I quit, I'm in for starting over on Monday!! Everyone please feel free to add me too!! :smiley:
  • BlueMoon48
    BlueMoon48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Interested in starting again. I'll be using a treadmill until it warms up.
  • aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this! I'm doing my first 5k in May 2015! Please add me!
  • Coonsmom
    Coonsmom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Joined C25k group and will start on Monday with you all. Please feel free to add me!
  • lissalahti
    lissalahti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the app. It's actually one of my favorites. I purchased the paid version so I don't know what the free version is like. But I think it was only $1.99 and in my opinion it was worth it. You can pick your trainer that will talk to you and tell you when to run and when to walk.

I'm bad though. I've started it a couple of times and never finished it. I'm down with starting again! Maybe with someone else doing it too I will actually finish this time. :-)
  • Coonsmom
    Options
    Me too! I'm ready!
  • steebsthegreat
    steebsthegreat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Okay so I've given it some thought and I guess we can all post here once a week. I'm going to follow this format:

Week #
    Day 1: (distance/time)
    Day 2: (distance/time)
    Day 3: (distance/time)

Total for week:
    Total overall:

I'll also be posting on my own page after each run.
  • April_Liberto
    Options
    Count me in! I need to get back to running, so this will be good motivation for me.
  • Coonsmom
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Steebsthegreat I'm ready! This is just what I needed to snap me back after injury and winter hibernation! Went to the Foot RX store and got an analysis yesterday where I bought my first pair of real running shoes to fit my gait. Tried them this morning and it's amazing what s difference it made for me! Looking forward!! What day shall we post, Monday?
  • rbentrup81
    rbentrup81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1, it's nice to see other people excited about it as well :)
  • mpup76
    Options
    You can add me!
  • Coonsmom
    Options
    Just completed my first day of my first week. Sweatin like a hooker in church on the front row but loved it! Hope you all are revved up as I am! Happy jogging!

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app but it is so cold outside that the idea of going outside to run is....unlikely
  • Coonsmom
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I downloaded the app but it is so cold outside that the idea of going outside to run is....unlikely

I know what you mean Alciamode. I invested in a treadmill (must to my dismay) because it's so stinking cold here in East Tn. Investment that was easy to purchase since I know I'll be here forever and it's always gonna be cold. Perhaps workout vids for you? Best of luck Dear.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well I have workouts I do at home but I doubt they will get me into shape for the 5k that I signed up for in April
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'll join in tonight. Day 1 of c25k here I come! I did it once but I got to week 3? I tend to repeat weeks if I feel I'm not ready for the next phase.