Looking for friends who want to lose 30-50 lbs!

Options
Hi there! This is my first time with MFP. I have a tropical vacation planned for mid September and for the first time in my life I want to wear a bikini. I also need to lose weight for health reasons. I'm a 34 year old female and would love to receive and give support!

Replies

• evitamac
    evitamac Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can and you will! Stay focused, be committed! So what's the plan? Watch your diet? Work out? I am new to myfitnesspal and I too am looking for friends to motivate and also be motivated!
  • emitc534
    emitc534 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new to MFP but I'm restarting. I try to eat right, but I'm lacking in exercising and that's not helping me with my goals. I.m going to start walking again for a half hour everyday. You can do it instead of looking at a large amount of weight try 5lbs at a time.
    Ask yourself how are you going to tackle this journey. For example, what's in your refrigerator, do you have a least two weeks worth of food to start. Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, starch, healthy snacks. Do you exercise at home, outdoors, or a gym. Maybe documenting can help you focus. You can do it.
  • Maggie_4411
    Maggie_4411 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have a similar goal, just started using MFP again. This app is great! It helped me lose over 20 lbs last time I used it. Just remember to log everything :)
  • beyd
    beyd Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi....I'm new to mfp....we are doing a "biggest loser" challenge at my job & i needed to lose about 60 lbs....so far in 5 weeks I'm down 15 lbs....really like this app. ...makes logging easy & love that it pairs with fitbit which I highly recommend.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and looking to lose 40 pounds. Feel free to friend me!
  • victoriaallison96
    Options
    I lost 16lbs early last year by using MFP but quickly got distracted but managed to maintain it. Just getting started again this year hoping to get rid of another 28lbs struggling at night time and for motivation to stay focused. Retraining the mind is sooo hard
  • Colissarae
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 50lbs as well and just getting back into the swing of things after having my first baby! Please feel free to add me!
  • jenisid
    jenisid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose about 40 pounds by September :) Good luck!
  • kdhith
    kdhith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP for a few years, but finally serious now.

I'm 47 and looking to lose ~30 lbs. I'm also doing a town Biggest Loser competition, but I'm really just using it as a starting point for motivation. So far, I've been logging for two weeks and am down almost 10 lbs--roughly 1/3 of my goal. Very stoked! :D

Please feel free to add me--I'm just starting the social part of this process!
  • marygaudian259
    Options
    Hi! I am looking to loose 40+ lbs. feel free to add me, looking for friends to motivate and inspire! xo
  • carolpage20
    Options
    This really works! Exercising and a clean diet is doing the trick for me. Thank you mfp
  • fastcardriver
    Options
    This is a great app!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for a little over 3 months now, but my main goal was to lose 46...and I've got 18 more to go. Feel free to add me for support! Good luck - you can do it!
  • kennethwarren86
    kennethwarren86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new to mfp as well... Definitely lookin to lose a lot more than 50 lbs... I definitely hope everyone reaches there goals
  • lilybadilly25
    lilybadilly25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm also new to MFP! I'm looking to loose 35-40lbs myself. I used to be really happy with my weight, but then I started a bad habit of eating when I'm bored, stressed, upset, etc. So I wanna get back to where I was and maybe a little less! I'm hoping this app will be the motivation that I need!
  • Bernice3520
    Options
    I am new to MFP been struggling for awhile to lose weight. I believe this site will give me and those wanting to loose the motivation.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi there, good luck to you on your weightloss journey. I've recently started using MFP and would like to lose 40 lbs. I haven't set myself a time in which to do it - mainly because I'll probably beat myself up if/when I don't reach it, rather than celebrating how much I *have* lost. I wonder if any of you think that's a good idea or do I really need to be more "SMART" with my goal? Feel free to add me :)
  • nancygm28
    nancygm28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This is my first time with MFP. I have a tropical vacation planned for mid September and for the first time in my life I want to wear a bikini. I also need to lose weight for health reasons. I'm a 34 year old female and would love to receive and give support!

You go girl ^_^. Feel free to add me and MFP is great I love it. Put in the work and progress will show! :)
  • THEMBE93
    THEMBE93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new here but restarting. Already lost 8 lbs in 6weeks. Looking to loose another 32 lbs by September.

Feel free to add me :)

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am not new but I also need to lose some 50 pounds. Done it before and I know I can do it again. I am setting small goals that are working for me so far. Would love the support and be supportive as well.