Tired of being fat !

Options
I am tired of being fat , I've always been fat tried so many diets , pills ect. But nothing has worked . I am so tired of being fat I want to change I really do, that has always been my wish , I feel like my weight is holding me back from doing so many things in life because I am so insecure . Idk all a saying is I need help , what has worked for you that maybe I should try or tips to be successful In my weightloss would all really help !

Replies

• m1sslisa
    m1sslisa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, grew up being heavy. I didn't lose weight except when I was exceptionally sick and then I struggled to keep it off. I hit my plateau, but to be honest jogging 2+ miles a day is the best way for me and I see results when I can keep with it. And no soda/ juices made a big deal before I started really changing my diet though I'm sure you've done that already.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Start out small like just logging your meals everyday. Once you become used to that, add something else like burning 400 cals a week walking in your neighborhood. There is no time limit. You have your whole life!
  • sarahpuga
    sarahpuga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some good advice im going to take on board myself! :)
  • katab2014
    katab2014 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The fact that you've made this start is a huge beginning. Most people don't get overweight overnight, it's the same with weight loss...slow and steady, one step at a time.
  • john8506
    john8506 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do not have that issue but I can tell you what others have suggested to watch what you eat but most important is to burn calories. I have a neighbor that has lost 50 plus pounds by walking. He is relentless! It does not matter the temperature or weather he is out there walking each day. start small and build up.
  • Suzette001
    Suzette001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody .... I'm new to this, want to lose about 35 to 40 kilos! I am from South Africa and I'm following the 28 day diet plan! Would LOVE some support and most of all some advice please!!!
  • DLinnell58
    DLinnell58 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Of course your diet and eating healthy is very important, but EXERCISE is the key! Find something you enjoy doing and go for it! A good combo of strength training and cardio is a good plan to follow. Good luck, and let's be friends!
  • Suzette001
    Suzette001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do I make you my friend?
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Suzette001 wrote: »
    How do I make you my friend?

I'll add you
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    DLinnell58 wrote: »
    You can do this! Of course your diet and eating healthy is very important, but EXERCISE is the key! Find something you enjoy doing and go for it! A good combo of strength training and cardio is a good plan to follow. Good luck, and let's be friends!

Thanks I guess I had it backward I always hear that DIET is key but thanks and I'll add you
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    john8506 wrote: »
    I do not have that issue but I can tell you what others have suggested to watch what you eat but most important is to burn calories. I have a neighbor that has lost 50 plus pounds by walking. He is relentless! It does not matter the temperature or weather he is out there walking each day. start small and build up.

Wow I was walking for a while also but didn't enjoy them some happened so I stopef but thanks this just reminded me I need to start again !
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    jasmineecc wrote: »
    Girl im right with you!!! I completely understand, add me if you ever need to talk <3

Girl thank you ! And same ☺️
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »
    You have come to the right place. Start out small like just logging your meals everyday. Once you become used to that, add something else like burning 400 cals a week walking in your neighborhood. There is no time limit. You have your whole life!

Thanks for the advice !
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    katab2014 wrote: »
    The fact that you've made this start is a huge beginning. Most people don't get overweight overnight, it's the same with weight loss...slow and steady, one step at a time.

Awh thank your right !
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    m1sslisa wrote: »
    I feel the same way, grew up being heavy. I didn't lose weight except when I was exceptionally sick and then I struggled to keep it off. I hit my plateau, but to be honest jogging 2+ miles a day is the best way for me and I see results when I can keep with it. And no soda/ juices made a big deal before I started really changing my diet though I'm sure you've done that already.

Thank you ! I have tried but I will start thanks again
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I must agree, exercise is the key. It becomes a habit the more you do it, Find the right activity and go. I put the headphones on and just zone out for about 90 min a day. Combine a little aerobic exercise and a little strength training. Gets me thru the week.

Find that thing you wanna do and go do it!!
  • katab2014
    katab2014 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Different things obviously work for different people which is why it's so good to share with each other. I guess both our diet needs to be healthy and portion controlled, and we need to exercise too.