Newbie looking for support on losing weight caused by prescription.

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Brittany and I am a 22 year old located in Canada.

Last year I started a new prescription which has resulted in gaining 50-60 pounds. I am now 40 pounds overweight and extremely sad about this. Since my prescription was meant to help my anxiety, depression and OCD but ended up just making me fat and more sad, my doctor has FINALLY prescribed me something new. I am now confident that I can get my body back to the way it was a year ago, and have a healthier, happier mind to go along with it.

I was hoping that I could meet some other members here that have also struggled with the same problem. Mental illness + Weight Loss.

For anyone with experience with anti-depressants and other similar medications, I was originally on Prozac 60 mg and have now started Bupropion XL 150 mg. Prozac made me very very VERY tired, and was constantly hungry. My doctor told me Bupropion is known for decreasing appetite and making it more difficult to sleep, so i'm really hopeful that this will help me begin a healthier life style!

Replies

• freyja1197
    freyja1197 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was on and off of Prozac for years - hated the side effects and especially gaining weight. I understand all too well what impact anxiety, depression, etc...have on your weight and well being. Feel free to add me for support.
  • RainboWhiskey
    Options
    freyja1197 wrote: »
    I was on and off of Prozac for years - hated the side effects and especially gaining weight. I understand all too well what impact anxiety, depression, etc...have on your weight and well being. Feel free to add me for support.

Hello Freyja! I'm glad to hear someone else understands :( I'm assuming you no longer take Prozac? What are you taking now / what do you do to cope? Would love any advice you could give!