Cheat Day!

Options
I want to do a cheat day...yes a full day of whatever meals. I was inspired by some Youtube vids (10k cheat days...hodge twins.. ect) However..my cheat day won't be as exorbitant...lame I know. I'm not going to keep track of calories but will keep my eye on macros specifically. Mainly, just want to be sure get protein in. I want to plan it strategically and do it on a day that I have some time to train as well. I'm getting excited for it! Still don't know when I'll launch this thing but it will be soon.

Does anyone else find these cheat day challenge vids entertaining?! I love them :#

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Can't claim to have ever seen a 'cheat day vid' but.. I do love my cheat day and I do a similar thing.
    I tend to make one 'main' meal of the day and loosely log, it helps keep me on track!
    Some people will advise against them, some people love them. I am one of the latter!

All the best!

Adam
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If by "cheat" you mean ice cream, I do that every day. I don't watch vids of how to eat, since I can do it so well :P
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i spent a whole day watching them once. went from the rock, to furious pete, to hodge twins, to candito, to latsbrah etc etc. it was amazing
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Every day is a cheat day for me that's why I'm fat
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well these cheat day videos on YouTube are essentially eating challenges. I'm not referring to the one meal 'cheat'. I'm talking about the huge challenges people post on YouTube which they attempt to eat a ton of calories (10k, 5k for a day) I find it quite entertaining for some odd reason. It definitely can't be healthy but it's entertainment and more related toward the competitive eating spectrum of things. I just want to try it for a challenge...because I love a challenge and I'm trying to put on muscle anyway. I know it isn't deemed 'healthy' bla bla bla...it sounds like freaking fun! Its for one day! :)
  • Train4Foodz
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well these cheat day videos on YouTube are essentially eating challenges. I'm not referring to the one meal 'cheat'. I'm talking about the huge challenges people post on YouTube which they attempt to eat a ton of calories (10k, 5k for a day) I find it quite entertaining for some odd reason. It definitely can't be healthy but it's entertainment and more related toward the competitive eating spectrum of things. I just want to try it for a challenge...because I love a challenge and I'm trying to put on muscle anyway. I know it isn't deemed 'healthy' bla bla bla...it sounds like freaking fun! Its for one day! :)

Oh, I have seen eating challenges for sure!
    Not what I would personally class as a 'cheat day' in the traditional sense but.. I have definitely had days before now that 'anything' went. Usually my birthday I go all out!

In reply to one of the above posters ( @fearlessleader104 ), if it were something you did on a daily basis.. It would definitely not be classed as a 'cheat' day. A diet to gain weight, yes.. Not the kind of weight that most seek though and certainly not what I or most others would class as a 'cheat' day.

There are plenty of eating challenges around here, perhaps there are close to you? If it's something you really want to do, I would do your research and try it out.. as long as you go into it with the right mind-set and don't plan on turning it into a regular day I can't see it having any major effects that won't iron themselves out within a few days of eating at or just below maintenance.

For what it's worth, my dominos nights sometimes feel like challenges! lol
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I see, well I've ate 5k-6k nearly every day for the summer not to long ago while on a cut and but I was burning around 2000 cals a day running so it was needed.
  • ninjasmith1986
    Options
    i spent a whole day watching them once. went from the rock, to furious pete, to hodge twins, to candito, to latsbrah etc etc. it was amazing

Yess! I love them! Maxx Chewning is one and several others I can't remember off the top of my head. RZFitness TV has a few. Matt Stonie can put down some serious food...much like Furious.

• Train4Foodz
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just youtubed, It's amazing just how many calories some people manage to fit!

Wow, there is some serious eating going on there!!

Have a good day, I'm out!!!

(sleep time for me! Probably off to dream of two dozen krispy kreme lol!!)
  • ninjasmith1986
    Options
    Adam2k10 wrote: »

Oh, I have seen eating challenges for sure!
    Not what I would personally class as a 'cheat day' in the traditional sense but.. I have definitely had days before now that 'anything' went. Usually my birthday I go all out!

In reply to one of the above posters ( @fearlessleader104 ), if it were something you did on a daily basis.. It would definitely not be classed as a 'cheat' day. A diet to gain weight, yes.. Not the kind of weight that most seek though and certainly not what I or most others would class as a 'cheat' day.

There are plenty of eating challenges around here, perhaps there are close to you? If it's something you really want to do, I would do your research and try it out.. as long as you go into it with the right mind-set and don't plan on turning it into a regular day I can't see it having any major effects that won't iron themselves out within a few days of eating at or just below maintenance.

For what it's worth, my dominos nights sometimes feel like challenges! lol

I'm not sure how it's going to go, but I doubt it will turn into something regular. I absolutely have a passion for training and nutrition, since I was 13. Hell, the other day I had a small sonic blast with snickers and I felt like I was going to die. I rarely eat sugar so this would be quite a challenge for me. I'm not going to do this all out like the big guys. I'll ease into it.

• ninjasmith1986
    Options
    Adam2k10 wrote: »
    Just youtubed, It's amazing just how many calories some people manage to fit!

Wow, there is some serious eating going on there!!

Have a good day, I'm out!!!

(sleep time for me! Probably off to dream of two dozen krispy kreme lol!!)

I know right!? It's absolutely crazy how much they can eat. I think it's funny when they express misery like 'why am I doing this' lol. Still though, most of them are competitive bodybuilders or do some type of sport and have been doing so for a long time. They have a good understanding of how their body works and the effects these challenges have on their physique. Interesting I think!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So, basically a binge day?
  • ninjasmith1986
    Options
    So, basically a binge day?

Yes. Absolutely a binge day I'd say.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just work everything I like into cals/macros but if a cheat day works for you, have at it! :)
  • IMBlazain
    IMBlazain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your trying to make all kinds of gains! All kindss. I suggest you do whatever the *kitten* you wanna dooo!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    IMBlazain wrote: »
    Sounds like your trying to make all kinds of gains! All kindss. I suggest you do whatever the *kitten* you wanna dooo!!!

what does a binge day have to do with "all kinds of gains"???
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

DYEBingeGainsBro?

no, please educate me on this magical process….please…pretty please???
  • ndj1979
    Options

DYEBingeGainsBro?

no, please educate me on this magical process….please…pretty please???

No, I'm done with my charity work for the month.

come on man…I need more magic in my life….