help how to lose weight

Options
I need to lose some weight, someone can help me?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Count how many calories you consume and make that number smaller than the number you burn.

You can track them by reading all labels and weighing your foods for accuracy, then logging them here.

Move more than you are used to.

More Movement and Less Calories will work for you :)
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit, weigh your food, and exercise.
  • ythamoon
    Options

• bgmmccleary
    bgmmccleary Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Start buy making small changes to your diet like
    - drinking water instead of pop
    - 15 min of exercise
    - cutting out white bread
    - cutting any ingredients that say enriched wheat flour,high fructose corn syrup
    - having honey instead of table sugar

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    - 15 min of exercise
    - cutting any ingredients that say enriched wheat flour,high fructose corn syrup

Why should she do any of that other than the exercise? You can consume all of that in a calorie deficit.

OP, like has been stated, eat less and move more.
  • ythamoon
    Options
    - 15 min of exercise
    what type of food is better to stop eating?

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    - 15 min of exercise

Why is it necessary to cut anything out of one's diet? Just eat it in moderation.
  • ythamoon
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    - 15 min of exercise

Why should she do any of that other than the exercise? You can consume all of that in a calorie deficit.

I wanna lose all I can. Im gonna start to make exercise and eat less. But I wanna do the best to lose weight :)
  • ythamoon
    Options
    - 15 min of exercise

Why is it necessary to cut anything out of one's diet? Just eat it in moderation.
    isnt .ore effecient to cut some?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    - 15 min of exercise

NOPE
    OP, you don't need to give up anything. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • malibu927
    Options
    ythamoon wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    - 15 min of exercise

I wanna lose all I can. Im gonna start to make exercise and eat less. But I wanna do the best to lose weight :)

You can lose weight without cutting anything out. I still eat pizza, fast food, pasta, ice cream, and chocolate. I just find ways to work them into my calorie budget in moderation.
  • kmblank
    kmblank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's all about sensible eating. When you go shopping focus on healthy proteins (poultry, lean beef, fish, lean pork) good complex carbs (potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa, etc) fruits and veggies. You will hear from others that if it's within your calorie deficit you can eat it, junk food and all, but to me that doesn't make sense. The goal is not to just drop pounds, the goal is to also create a healthy body and create healthy habits that are sustainable. Plus as others have said you have to move!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How old are you? You look about 14..if you are then you'll probably find sparkteens more useful
  • Ashley_Ann24
    Ashley_Ann24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Every persons body is different. It's the changes you will need to make for yourself that will help you lose weight. I have stopped drinking soda like ten years ago so getting rid of soda altogether should be number one. It's not just bad for your weight but it's incredibly unhealthy.

Start with a 1500 calorie a day. Start looking at foods your eating and what's in them. If something has even half your daily sodium don't eat it. Find something different. Trust me there is always a alternative. I found a food scale helped with how many ounces I was eating for food too. Anything high in sugar I'll just pass up for something else. Don't get me wrong I will still sneak a small square bar of dark chocolate every other day. But dark chocolate is good for you. Just a little at a time not a lot.

It's not cutting out but rather changing what you should have instead. Instead of white bread choose multi grain bread. Instead of having white rice choose brown rice. Hey I'm still figuring things out like which butter is okay to have than the other when I do need butter or which syrup is better to have than the all sugar kind. It's a working progress and it takes time.

This isn't coming from someone who is a skinny me either. I've lost 50 pounds two years ago just excerising. And been in limbo until I started this. I haven't gone to the gym yet. All I have been doing is calorie counting and doing my daily schedule of working two jobs. For the past thirty days I've lost a little over ten pounds. I still don't see a difference or believe it honestly but I'm going to keep going. It's actually fun after a while to get everything under 1500 and eventually I'll try 1200 calorie limit because according to online that's where woman should follow is 1200. Slow and steady though takes time
  • malibu927
    Options
    kmblank wrote: »
    It's all about sensible eating. When you go shopping focus on healthy proteins (poultry, lean beef, fish, lean pork) good complex carbs (potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa, etc) fruits and veggies. You will hear from others that if it's within your calorie deficit you can eat it, junk food and all, but to me that doesn't make sense. The goal is not to just drop pounds, the goal is to also create a healthy body and create healthy habits that are sustainable. Plus as others have said you have to move!

You can still gain healthy eating habits by eating "junk food". Smaller portions less often. I make sure I get my macros first as much as possible.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I would recommend eating less. Do not worry about choices for now, just make sure your calories are less than your daily required as suggested by MFP (or other online calculators).
    If you want to cut things out like sugar, carbs...I wouldn't even worry about that until you are well on your way. Being restrictive will make it more difficult.
    After you are well on your way, if you want to start looking at your macros, and fine tune your eating habits, that would be the time. Stay away from overkill.

Exercise is great too, but again..don't go crazy with it because you want to do whatever is sustainable.

Lift weight too, just because it works!

Good luck
  • ythamoon
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    How old are you? You look about 14..if you are then you'll probably find sparkteens more useful

Im 23 -.-
  • ythamoon
    Options
    kmblank wrote: »
    I agree w u, thanks for the advice!