is 600 calories too much for breakfast?

Replies

• JustInTime13
    Options
    I get 1400 calories a day.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It's up to you to determine that. Some people find that they're hungrier during the mornings and will have their highest-calorie meal be breakfast, while others might notice that they are the most hungry at night and will do a lower-calorie breakfast in order to have a bigger dinner.

For my 1300-1600 Calorie goal, I like to keep my breakfast at around 400 Calories, lunch around 300-500, daytime snacks (might have 2-3 a day depending on whether I will be having a super late lunch or dinner) around 100-200 total, dinner around 300-600, and my bedtime snack around 100-300. I ended up having a 600-Calorie breakfast a few days ago, and all it meant was that I needed to eat less for my other meals in order to meet my goal (I had a 40-Calorie morning snack, 300-Calorie lunch and dinner, and a 150-Calorie bedtime snack).
  • iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As long as its your biggest meal of the day, your lunch should be smaller then dinner tiny x
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    that is up to you determine….if you hit your calorie/macro/micor gaol for the day then no …however, if consuming that much makes you frequently blow out your calorie goal then you may want to re-consider how much you are eating...
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Personal choice.

If a 600 calorie breakfast helps you hit your goals, and makes you happy, go for it.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's not too much for my needs. I average about 600 calories for breakfast, but I make sure it involves a good chunk of protein, usually 40g +, a nice portion of fat, 20g or more, and 1 serving of a filling carb, and veggies and/or fruits for some fiber. That combo keeps me full for hours.

I do have 1800 calories to work with daily. I eat smaller meals the rest of the day when I have a "successful" breakfast and I keep taking in proteins and fats. Anytime I alter my breakfast formula, I have to work harder to get on track the rest of the day.

Find what works for you. :wink:

Edited to add: I make sure I have calories left to have something small with some protein in it right before bed. I never wake up starving anymore.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For me that would be but it's all in how you like to plan your meals and days.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a 600 calorie breakfast but I imagine that with a total for the day of 1,400 you will be getting mighty hungry later.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As long as its your biggest meal of the day, your lunch should be smaller then dinner tiny x

It really doesn't matter...

My biggest meal of my day is typically my after dinner snack...

Personal preference.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's up to you...there's no magical number.