This is probably going to sound really stupid....

Options
My husband and I are having this arguement about how many calories
you burn while having sex...
he says you burn alot (I think it is because he wants more sex)
I say not alot (Because I dont want to have more sex)

Any answers please!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• mytys1969
    Options
    My husband and I are having this arguement about how many calories
    you burn while having sex...
    he says you burn alot (I think it is because he wants more sex)

Any answers please!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I heard you burn a lot also.
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Take a look here for all you need to know. :glasses:

http://www.weightlossweblog.com/archives/22

Widdy :smile:
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it depends whos on top!:laugh: Shape says its 300 calories an hour! Thats not bad considering its the funnest exercise ever!:blushing:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I alos think it has to with the type of sex...is it crazy sex or casual sex...are you breaking a sweat...LOL...funny
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I heard you burn a lot also. LOL!!! I'm with ya....My husband is trying to convince me as well!! I am going to say not alot as well:wink:
  • Blusweetgirl
    Options
    "According to most sources, the "average" lovemaking session (30 minutes) burns between 50 and 100 calories"

That quote if from an article that was just put out today at:
    http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm/cmi_2427971/code_30171

But there are a ton of factors that determine how many calories you burn during sex.

I say give in... it may not be a lot of calories burned but t'll be your most 'satisfying' workout :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just tell him it only counts if you can do it for the full hour. :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well it's not *that* much, and if you're....um...on the bottom...:embarassed: ...you won't burn much since you're not doing the....pumping, ya know. :embarassed:
  • moonchild6984
    Options
    One comment says it doesnt burn alot if you are on the bottom what if you are moving with him?:blushing: Example you are moving back and forth while he is on top?
  • mytys1969
    Options
    I just went to that website that was funny. I was cracking up so hard I started crying.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    One comment says it doesnt burn alot if you are on the bottom what if you are moving with him?:blushing: Example you are moving back and forth while he is on top?

Yea, it might burn a bit more...but you're still lying down, so you might burn about as much as if you were sitting up with the added movement in there. But if you're on top then it'd be much more, and it can really be an ab workout. :blushing:
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    If laughter burns calories, I should be skin and bones right now!! :laugh: Thanks for the chuckle and maybe I should check that out and see what the scale says in the morning:blushing:
  • k9powerlifter
    Options
    I think it depends whos on top!:laugh: Shape says its 300 calories an hour! Thats not bad considering its the funnest exercise ever!:blushing:

Good God; 300 calories for an HOUR. Let's see; by that chart I compute I would only burn 15 calories and then would be asleep.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    k9powerlifter...............toofunny!!! :laugh:

dd
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Well I went to another website and it was only like 200 an hr...and well wow that must be some marathon sex going on for an entire hour.
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    I saw a site that gave a really low number too. Whomever came up with that doesn't know what I know!:love: Been in a few marathons, I've "hit the wall" as athletes say....and the floor, and the dresser, etc. Tae Bo has never left me completely unable to move!
  • twink3110
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Have him chase you around the house and if he can catch you then he can have his way with you. Just think of all the calories you'd burn with a chase and then sex.
  • joanne123
    Options
    Just tell him it only counts if you can do it for the full hour. :wink:

:laugh: you're so funny
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I saw a site that gave a really low number too. Whomever came up with that doesn't know what I know!:love: Been in a few marathons, I've "hit the wall" as athletes say....and the floor, and the dresser, etc. Tae Bo has never left me completely unable to move!

WORD!