Needed to loose weight for my son's wedding.

Options
I need to loose weight and get in shape for my health but my motivation is my son's wedding.

Replies

• Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • traceymoorley
    Options
    My daughter is getting married in May, but it's on a beach in the Domician! I have to loose weight so I don't look like a whale on the beach!!! I'm dreading the week away because I'll have to wear a bathing suit and a dress!!! UGH

I wish you luck Huni, and I know your struggles...

Your not alone :o)
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I myself am getting married on August 8th, and I'm terrified that I'll look like an absolute balloon in my wedding dress (which I haven't even picked yet lol).
  • shirleyl59
    shirleyl59 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes I am in same boat. Son getting married 3 October and I a m way overweight. Just a couple of stone off would be better than nothing though. Additionally ex husband will be there with new fiance so I do not want to look a frump!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie defecit

Follow a progressive lifting programme

Move more
  • pontoon1234
    pontoon1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My son is getting married in June.....right there with you all, back at this again, really want to loose 15lbs by the wedding and then 15 more. I am setting a realistic goal for myself or I will get frustrated
  • bethjohnson683
    bethjohnson683 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My daughter is getting married in May, but it's on a beach in the Domician! I have to loose weight so I don't look like a whale on the beach!!! I'm dreading the week away because I'll have to wear a bathing suit and a dress!!! UGH

I wish you luck Huni, and I know your struggles...

Your not alone :o)

Thank you. My daughter got married on the beach a year ago this past August. Fortunately I was too busy before the wedding to wear a bathing suit and I was too exhausted after to care who saw me in my bathing suit. Although I was small when I got married my husband still tells me all the time that I'm beautiful. I have never been this big. Fortunately by starting now I have time to loose the 50 needed to be ideal. Thank you all for the encouragement!
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie defecit

Move more

I have permanently injured my back and can't do any lifting. Do you think simply walking (since I've not done any) will be enough exercise?
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    My son is getting married in June.....right there with you all, back at this again, really want to loose 15lbs by the wedding and then 15 more. I am setting a realistic goal for myself or I will get frustrated

Fortunately my son gave me a heads up. He's planning on proposing in July and marrying in December. They have been talking about it and she knows, she just doesn't know when. She's the one that picked December. That gives me 10 months to loose 50 pounds.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Eat less and move more.
    Walking is a great place to start.
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    I know the feeling, I myself am getting married on August 8th, and I'm terrified that I'll look like an absolute balloon in my wedding dress (which I haven't even picked yet lol).

I'm sure you won't look like a balloon. LOL!! When I was with my daughter while she was picking out her dress I was amazed at what they have for ladies with wight they want to camouflage. Of course my daughter was a size 4. I wish they had stuff like that for the mothers
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    Athos282 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Thank you!!
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    You can do it. Eat less and move more.
    Walking is a great place to start.

Thank you. This app is a good start. I didn't realize how bad I ate. I can make better choices and eat more but not kill my calorie intake. Because it's on my phone I have it with me all the time making it easier to do my diary.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have my sights set on losing 70 pounds in one year (Feb 20, 2016), would love to be at 50 pounds lost in December. Want to friend and inspire each other?
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    I sent you a friend invite.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie defecit

Move more

I have permanently injured my back and can't do any lifting. Do you think simply walking (since I've not done any) will be enough exercise?

Exercise isn't necessarily required for weight loss. Walking will definitely help, but only if you're logging is correct.

Calorie Deficit = Weight loss.

Exercise = Better Health.
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    I quit using this app for a while. My doctor referred me to a dietician due to elevated liver enzymes. I'm apparently not eating enough and the one time a day I usually eat is stressing my liver. She told me to increase my intake and suggested this app to keep a diary. I'm having to set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat. Let's see how this round goes. Today is day 1 of my journey and along with bringing down my A1c and my liver enzymes I also still have 50 pounds to loose!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Well you need to adop an approach that has you eating at a healthy sustainable deficit. %0lbs 1lb a week is a rough rule of thumb. You need to get weighing and logging under control first and then you cna think about supplementing with exercise.
  • bethjohnson683
    Options
    Thanks. I believe that's what I'll do.