3 meals & 2 snacks? Or 5 small meals?

Options
Just wondering what people do. I tend to stick to the 3 meals and 2 snacks just because I tend to binge if I am not strict with myself.

For weight loss, I am wondering if 5 smaller meals would be better, more satisfying or healthier?

Just looking for some guidance and suggestions!!!

Thanks!!:happy:

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I think its up to each persons body how either way will work for them,
    For me it depends on the day,but generally I stick with 3 meals and 2-3 snacks throughout the day.
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do 3 meals & 2 snacks :)
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I think I do like 4 snacks and one meal lol. My breakfast and lunch are often under 300 so I think they could be considered snacks. Not sure though lol But my dinner is almost always 500-600. I haven't had a problem losing weight and I feel satisfied all day. Actually a lot of the time I have another small snack after supper. So I guess eat 6 sometimes ;)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary. I eat about 11 or 12 times a day. Alot of small snacks, but I eat a nice lunch and a good dinner. Never hungry.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have three well balanced meals and two healthy snacks and it has worked for me :happy:
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I try and eat 5-6 times a day about 2-3 hrs apart but don't know really what I consider a snack or a meal lol
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast and sometimes a morning snack (most days my breakfast keeps me full till lunch and some days it doesn't) then I eat lunch and always have an afternoon snack since I do my workout when my lil one is napping. Then dinner and another snack so I eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks to answer your question lol
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I do 3 meals and 3 snacks. My breakfast and lunch are usually a little less than 300. I have to have that third snack because I'm a night owl. Usually up until 1-2 am. So I usually have something high in fiber at night.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have two protein shakes one at 10am the other at 1pm and eat the rest of my calories between 3-7pm. In bed by 9pm.
  • kshaw09
    kshaw09 Posts: 48
    Options
    I like 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks, sometimes my breakfast is small, but I like to snack and pick throughout the almost all the time dinner is my biggest meal
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I stick with 3 meals and snacks...though sometimes I have more than 2 snacks. lol But I wouldn't call 50 calories worth of food a meal.

I think whatever works best for you works best for weight loss. Trying to force yourself to do something seems to make things more difficult (as if watching food and exercise alone wasn't hard enough). I would just stick with whatever helps you stay under calories. :)
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Whatever is most convenient to you and your daily schedule is the best plan for weight loss.