Needing breakfast Ideas

Options
briabner
briabner Posts: 427 Member
I am need of breakfast ideas that dont have eggs or any dairy products in them. I am allergic to both eggs and all dairy products. I can use soy milk as a substitute to regular milk.

Any ideas would be great....Thanks!

Replies

• Buckley10
    Buckley10 Posts: 6
    Options
    One of my favorites is fresh fruit (I typically make a fresh fruit salad with fruit only, no added sugar or condiments) and a healthnut english muffin. My other faves all include yogurt and/or eggs, but the fruit an english muffin is really good.
  • littleitaly
    Options
    oatmeal! cooked in water instead of milk. low fat, high fiber, good times :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional, anything you eat for lunch or dinner can be had for breakfast as well. I've had dinner leftovers for breakfast before many times. Sandwich, tortilla rollups, hummus and pita, peanut butter on english muffin is yummo.
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like steel cut oats with fresh raspberries added after its warm. I cook the oats up ahead of time and then reheat them each morning. I also used half almond milk and half water last time and it was yummy. Next time I will try all almond milk I think. Not sure if you can use almond milk or not but maybe a vanilla soy would work and taste good.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Can you use egg substitue? Like eggbeaters? Or else real oatmeal (not the sugar packets) with fresh fruit and soy milk is yummy.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    english muffins and peanut butter! peanut butter really gets you going -- or apples and peanut butter, bananas -- I actually eat cereal dry
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    ground turkey with saute onions and peppers wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love to have green smoothies, keeps me full and get all my fruits AND veggies in!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I eat a fruit bar on my way to work and then around 10ish - it's english muffin with peanut butter or oatmeal...
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    banana with peanut butter in a whole wheat tortilla (or muffin or toast)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal and add ground flax seed and blueberries.
    I don't know if english muffins have eggs, but you could do english muffin or pita bread with peanut butter.
    Banana with peanut butter is good too.
    You could also do grilled cheese with some lite sausage links, like a sausage sandwich. my daughter loves those. I do need protien to start my day.

Then you could also do soy smoothies, use a vegan protien powder and you should be able to do it without dairy or eggs.

Hope these help.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    1 cup of fruit with 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese.

I put hot sauce on top, but I realize that's an acquired taste and not for everyone.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Breakfast tacos are great. You can do refried beans or meat of just about any type.

Oatmeal (either rolled oats or steel cut oats) with half a cup of berries or other cut-up fruit is wonderful.

Toast or a sliced apple with a bit of peanut butter is quite filling.

For mornings when you are in a hurry, you could do a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder, a cup of juice, and a cup of frozen fruit of your choice.

Also, sandwiches are great on-the-go food for breakfast. If you want to keep it a bit more traditional, you could do sausage or ham on an English muffin or mini bagel.

Oh, and there is soy yogurt. So you could do some fresh fruit and a cup of soy yogurt.

Good luck on finding things that work and that you enjoy.