Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Juicer Recommendation

KARIEM_S
KARIEM_S Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey Everyone!

I am a fruit & veg lover and I am keen to get a good juicer so I can use it to make my life easier & stick to a healthy diet.
I was wondering if anyone has had a recent experience of buying one that proved great & could kindly recommend that to me.

Thanks

PS: I have tried using search engines & looking at reviews in Amazon UK but not satisfied

Replies

• Annie81503
    Annie81503 Posts: 43 Member
    Vitamix

you can just throw whatever you want it there and it will blend it to liquids, plus you get all the nutrients from the veggies/fruit, not just the juice.
    Expensive, yes, but so worth it!
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    I have an omega masticating juicer that works very well. It's collecting dust though because I also have a Vitamix and that sucker does everything and you get the fiber with the juice.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    k2-_2a24322f-c0ab-4ab7-8aee-38dbe03692cc.v4.jpg
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    I have an Omega J8004 that I love. I don't use juice as any sort of cleanse or meal replacement-- I just really love fresh juice with breakfast and making ice pops with juice in the summer. I've been using it regularly for over a year now and have never had any issues with it. I have put pretty much every type of fruit and veggie through it, including leafy greens, always with good results.
    All juicers are going to be somewhat of a hassle to clean, because there are a lot of parts (I think mine has 8 separate pieces to wash each time?), so be prepared for that. It doesn't bother me at all, but I have some friends who never use their juicers because they are too lazy to wash all the parts each time.
  • EnaMene
    EnaMene Posts: 1 Member
    My NutriBullet gets the job done. Everything from whole strawberries to walnuts and raisins mixed with coconut milk and a shot of agave to counteract the kale taste.
  • KARIEM_S
    KARIEM_S Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you guys for your views. Really appreciate it. Pls keep the recommendations coming in though.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    I think a "blender" is the best bet (I have a Vitamix) because you get the fiber and the juice. Blenders like Vitamix are so powerful that they eliminate the "grittiness" that other blenders leave. I haven't tried NutriBullet but I know Blendtec (I think that's the name) is powerful like Vitamix. I've made real grape juice and also watermelon smoothies. So good!!!
  • astrose00
    Annie81503 wrote: »
    Vitamix

you can just throw whatever you want it there and it will blend it to liquids, plus you get all the nutrients from the veggies/fruit, not just the juice.
    Expensive, yes, but so worth it!

Yes!!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    I have a Breville Juice Fountain (stainless steel) that I like. It is big but fairly easy to use and clean. I don't use it all that much anymore so in hindsight I should have gone with a less expensive appliance.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    I have an Omega masticating juicer which does a great job juicing. You'll find a lot of claims that masticating juicers provide nutritionally superior juice. They are more expensive, though, so you'll need to decide what's most important to you. Hope this helps.
  • Either the Vitamix or Bullet or Ninja b/c you get to keep all the important nutrients that are lost with just juicing.
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    I have both a Breville juicer and a Vitamix for blending. We do use both, but certainly the Vitamix more.

While I do agree that the whole food smoothies made in the Vitamix are nutritionally superior to juice, a glass of fresh veggie juice gives an energy kick that even really good espresso can't beat. Also, I can get it into my 7 and 3 year olds -- far better in every way than store bought.
  • astrose00
    I also have a juicer (I'm a small appliance hoarder...) and the components are actually a pain to clean. The juice is good but I hate the maintenance. And my Vitamix is so easy to clean...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Blendtec are great and fit under the kitchen cabinet so it can stay out all the time.