What fitness devices or apps do you use?

Options
2»

Replies

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Notebook to write down and track my routine. Mfp to measure macros. Stopwatch to do intervals and count down rest time.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Fitness to track walks and runs via GPS. It also tracks cycling, and you can log other exercises as well as it syncs to MFP. I used to guess my speeds while walking, and since I've downloaded this app I no longer have to do that. I also learned that I walk much more quickly than I had thought (9 min per km, or a very brisk pace on MFP, vs. 12.5 min per km, or mod. pace on MFP).

And MFP, of course.

I want to get the FitBit flex, but haven't made the plunge yet as finances are tight at the moment.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    C25K and Workout Trainer
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    C25K and StrongLifts 5x5. Both are beginner-friendly and free!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit to track my lifts. MapMyRun and Nike GPS watch to track my runs
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    C25K and StrongLifts 5x5. Both are beginner-friendly and free!
    Definitely downloading the latter, I didn't realize there was an app for it.
  • kdhith
    kdhith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use a Misfit Shine for steps and just got a Polar FT7 for actual calorie burn during workouts. I've had the Shine for several months and even when I was much less focused on getting my act together, it was a good motivator to get up and move during the day.

Also use MFP, obvs, and the Misfit app, plus the new Apple Health app. Can't wait to get the Apple watch, and hope that it proves to be a decent replacement for some of the mishmash I have now.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Mfp
    Fitbit
    Strava (tracks runs and rides)
    My first triathlon (my training plan)
    Nutritionix (for the occasional gaps in mfp database).
    Sattva (meditation app)

I'm kind of a gadget / app wh0re.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    runkeeper is a free app that works very well. You can purchase the runkeeper elite app for a small monthly or yearly fee and get a lot of information from your workouts.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Curt911 wrote: »
    runkeeper is a free app that works very well. You can purchase the runkeeper elite app for a small monthly or yearly fee and get a lot of information from your workouts.

I like runnkeeper, but switched to Strava because it tracks biking too.