Garcinia Cambogia. Your experience?

Options
Hello fellow MFP users!

So I went to Costco about a week ago and picked up some Garcinia Cambogia HCL 60%. It seems to be helping with cravings and my anxiety (which causes me to stress eat).

I was wondering if any of you amounted to some success in losing weight with the help of this extract! Fill me in, thanks :)

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. Hate to tell you this but.......
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ige0lhostvf0.jpeg
    It's a waste of money.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Basically you wasted your money. The "effects" you feel are just placebo effects.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Supplements on the market rarely mimic doses actually used in research testing or study. Even then, the use of GC were mild at best even at those doses. Chalk it up to placebo effect IMO.
    90% of supplements aren't needed for consumption. Use your hard earned money on food instead.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FrenchToast95
    FrenchToast95 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh. No bueno! Guess I'll just enjoy the placebo for what I can and continue on my diet and exercise program as well
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Oh. No bueno! Guess I'll just enjoy the placebo for what I can and continue on my diet and exercise program as well

That's the spirit :)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow MFP users!

So I went to Costco about a week ago and picked up some Garcinia Cambogia HCL 60%. It seems to be helping with cravings and my anxiety (which causes me to stress eat).

I was wondering if any of you amounted to some success in losing weight with the help of this extract! Fill me in, thanks :)

I wont chalk it all up to placebo effect - there are no significant studies that will back up the efficacy to GC - it makes the claim of decreasing insulin sensitivity, curbing appetite and increasing metabolism. Personally I feel like it is super overpriced caffeine - you can buy 120 pills of 200mg caffeine for about 10 bucks at walmart, I think you would do better with that then with GC personally.

I'm glad you are combo'ing it with diet and exercise - may as well use the rest of what you bought, plus if you bought it at costco I'm sure it was cheap so you didnt spend too much haha.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello fellow MFP users!

That's wonderful that you believe this helps your cravings and anxiety, but it has no special properties. i would agree that it's probably a placebo effect. I don't think there is any physical harm in using it, it's just money out of your pocket.

If you are losing weight, it's because you are eating at a calorie deficit. Good luck! :)