How to kill appetite during that time of month

Options

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    eat... food? I don't get abnormally hungry. I just eat as desired and meet my protein needs and calorie needs. If you know you overeat one week in a month then lower your calories the rest of the month and add more to the week you are menstruating so that your monthly average is the same.
  • sweetaj
    sweetaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Gum is my best friend !when i feel munchies coming I chew gum :)
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've recently started eating Greek Yogurt with frozen raspberries and walnuts. It keeps me full for a long time and is really rich so it feels like a treat. Also can't go wrong with Lindt's 90% Dark Chocolate, although I will confess I eat that all month long :)
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eat exactly what I'm craving but in a moderate amount. That most often means a few squares of good chocolate.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Nekrachael wrote: »
    Eat exactly what I'm craving but in a moderate amount. That most often means a few squares of good chocolate.

^^This is what I do too. The hard part is "moderation"...but it's a matter of setting ourselves up for success, not failure. Be good to you and good luck!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good luck with that. . .I eat like food is going out of style for a few days every month. I try to make sure only healthy stuff is in the house, eat quasi-healthy stuff that will give me a craving fix if I have a specific craving, and drink a lot of coffee. (I use SF Torani syrups, which make my coffee taste like a sweet treat.)

Also, I usually give in somewhat, then when it's all over, I get back on track. 3 days off track and 19 on track (Yeah, my cycle is 3 weeks. Sucks to be me sometimes :\ ) is still 91% on track.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. The easiest thing for me to do is keep very little junk food and lots of healthy snacks in the house. I typically have a day or two that I eat at maintenance as well.
  • txrn123
    txrn123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just had my first cycle since starting MFP and for the first time didn't have the carb craving I used to have in the days leading up to it. Pre-MFP I would graze thru all the carbs in the kitchen. This time it didn't happen. I think it helped that I'm doing low cal snacks every few hours between meals.
  • PoisonIvy088
    Options
    I usually plan more snacks than usual during that time. Otherwise I drink a lot of water. Also, hot beverages like coffee or tea also seem to help. And chewing gum. :)
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A strong black coffee with less sugar or tea, cold water, super minty breath sweets like halls