under 200 by June 1st

I am trying to get under 200 pounds by June 1st.. any tips would be great

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    What's your weight now? That's only 3.5 months away, so if you have more than 25-30 pounds to go it might not be sustainable to lose that quickly.
  • mrsj60
    mrsj60 Posts: 9 Member
    247 is my current weight...
  • ladydianna62
    ladydianna62 Posts: 35 Member
    Girl I wish I had some great tips but that is 47 pounds in a little over 3 months that means you would have to loose at least 12 pounds a month don't know if that is really healthy or not I wouldn't want you to set yourself up to fail you don't want to loose fast but at 2 lbs per week should be great looking fast it is hard to stay on it and hard to maintain wish I could be of more help plz feel free to add me as friend :)
  • stefchrysler
    stefchrysler Posts: 47 Member
    I want to be 190 by June and I'm 222 right now. I'd be happy to break 200 though. Add me if you want to! I will support you! Be happy with what you lose, not with what you don't! You've already taken the step with this app and u can do it!!
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Take it slow and steady. You will feel less deprived and the weight is more likely to stay off. When I was over 200 I lost too fast at first so when I stopped trying I fell back into old habits and gained a lot back. When you focus more on changing your lifestyle and taking it slowly it's so much more doable in my experience. Good luck!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    My goa is to get under 200 but i refuse to set a date. I think im more likely to fail if i add pressure. Right now, i just aim for any loss. They all add up. Add me if youd like
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    How about a fitness goal, and logging food goal?

I will exercise for 45 minutes a day for five days a week.
    I will stay under 1400 calories a day, and log my food each day.

Those are realistic goals that you can control, and will lead you to your weight loss goal...
  • mrsj60
    My goa is to get under 200 but i refuse to set a date. I think im more likely to fail if i add pressure. Right now, i just aim for any loss. They all add up. Add me if youd like

• mrsj60
    I am feeling really good about this in know that it is a huge goal, and I personally am okay with that. It makes me strive harder, If I make it great if not I keep going one day at a time...
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    I too have the same goal. I'm trying to lose 12lbs a month and I have lost my first 12 in less than 2 weeks. The key for me is to stay around 1300 cal or less. Lower healthy carbs, mostly from fruit. I try to have 25%carbs, 35% fat, 40% protein. I drink high protein shake for snacks or with veggies as a meal. I eat lots of veg. I'm a fast food junkie so the first week I had none, quit diet soda (it makes me hungry) and drank tons of water. The second week I allowed healthy fast food. Chick fa la grilled chicken nuggets with a side salad, no dressing needed (they are yum). Chipotle salad no dressing sour cream or cheese. Just chicken guacamole lettuce and pico! I make egg white omelettes loaded with vegetables. I hope these tips can help. Good luck
  • Walking helps and drinking a good amount of water also lessen your portions I drink a glass of water before eating every meal and I wait 20 mins at least if I still feel hungry after 20 mins I normally don't it helps
  • TrinaLynn527
    TrinaLynn527 Posts: 7 Member
    I MUST break the 200 mark by my birthday May 27, feel free to add me so we can support and encourage each other!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    I MUST break the 200 mark by my birthday May 27, feel free to add me so we can support and encourage each other!

How much do you have to lose? What happens if you don't?
  • StephanieAZ82
    StephanieAZ82 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm going for under 200 lbs. now that I have reached my 225 lb. goal (224.4). I hadn't really put a date to it, but I can aim for June and see what happens. :) I sent you a friend request.