my weight loss so far

Options
Not quite sure if i should call this a success story or not since Ive still got about 16lb to lose however over the lass 2 years and one month Ive lost 55lb, i don't deprive myself whats so ever i still have the odd chocolate bar or a pint or go for meals but basically try to keep it clean eating most of the time.

what a typical day looks like
6:30am breakfast Greek yogurt fruit, sprinkle of granola
10am snack a low cal high protein bar or a banana or a cup of grapes
1pm lunch chicken and rice and veg or lemon and black pepper pasta with tuna or even simply 2 slices of wholemeal bread with chicken
5:30 to 6pm dinner normally a lean protein source and some form of veg and carbs, my slow cooker has become my best friend for this.
7:30 ish i have another snack depending whether im hungry or not but that's normally something like i have at 10am or might even treat myself to a few squares of chocolate depending on my calorie goal for that day.

exercise wise i do it when Ive got time, being a multiskilled engineer is hard work as it is but on an evening i try to do roughly 4 1/2 mile walk with the dog, and weekends sometimes a kettlebell workout or a run.

not been following a diet, just a lifestyle change, watching what i put into my body and its been slow over the past 2 years but Ive kept it off and not fell victim to yo-yo dieting.

hq3lfy92lr26.jpg
p2nq6aelu4vn.jpg

Attached 2 photos, the one in the checkered shirt is me 2 years ago and the one in tight fitting clothes (took to see the progress) is me earlier in the week, lost another 4lb since then

and one last thing my bmi has gone from being about 36 to 24 so a lot healthier

Replies

• dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Love how you made the nutrition a lifestyle.. And you did great.. Definitely a success!! Congratulations
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great results!
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Brilliant work - well done!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Holy smokes! Great job! You're unrecognizable - love your approach and health conscious attitude. :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • auntlisashouse
    auntlisashouse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • squaregum
    squaregum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Congrats!!
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look awesome already, congrats, definitely a huge success story hun. :o:#:) (*)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :)
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic - a definite success!!!! :D
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had to do a double-take on the pic - there is a pair of pants or something next to you that look like they are standing there on their own! : P
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    hezemakiah wrote: »
    I had to do a double-take on the pic - there is a pair of pants or something next to you that look like they are standing there on their own! : P

Me too. That thing scared me for a min!

@Gilmourlaura‌ : Congrats on your success!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Gilmourlaura
    Gilmourlaura Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hezemakiah wrote: »

Hahaha they're drying on the radiator! I only just realised :P
  • Gilmourlaura
    Options
    And thank you everyone!!
  • Rodax74
    Rodax74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job on your journey !
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Woow amazing job congratulations.
  • jgalexander902
    jgalexander902 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look even younger! Good work, girl!
  • Gilmourlaura
    Options
    Wow! You look even younger! Good work, girl!

It's funny the original photo I was 16 and now I'm 18 and its a nightmare taking ID everywhere

But thank you though!

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    18- wow, you're just a baby:) It's great that you're getting healthy at a young age. Now that you are only 16 pounds from goal do you plan to introduce a larger variety of foods and see what additional things you can enjoy and still hit your calorie/ macro goals? It might be a good idea to start experimenting with that unless you plan to have the same menu for life (i.e maintenance).

Congrats again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!