Time to get fit.

kbrt0516
kbrt0516 Posts: 25 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I am looking for fitness buddies to support and motivate each other. People who are serious about reaching their fitness goals. I have been called fat by family and friends since I was 13, I'm almost 23. I cringe when I look at pictures of myself and I'm tired of feeling gross and not being able to fit into clothes I like. I use to eat around 10,000 cal/day (ridiculous, I know) but now I eat no more than 1690cal/day. Let's be buddies and push each other to become our best!

Replies

• lauragabler7
    lauragabler7 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! Also looking for a fitness buddy. I'm 20 and also tired of feeling gross. How is your journey going so far?
  • kbrt0516
    So far so good. My heaviest was 191 lbs and now I am at 178.4 lbs. I'm stopped drinking soda and changed my eating habits on Dec 9th. Tomorrow I start Kayla Itsines' BBTG 12 week program. :) I also start yoga classes. How is your journey??
  • lauragabler7
    Good as well. My highest point was around 207lbs when I was about 15, but now I've been stuck at 158 lbs for about 4 years, and I feel like I could lose some more until I am happy with my weight. My goal weight for now is 143 lbs. I just started with my fitness pal last monday. What motivates me is seeing women who have made it and lost the weight they wanted, and thinking that I could be one of those women too and actually look good in the clothes that normally look good on other people.
  • kbrt0516
    I just started with MFP not even 2 weeks ago. I cannot wait to be able to look in the mirror and smile at myself. You've done great so far! Those last few pounds will be gone in no time!
  • lauragabler7
    Thanks! Good luck on your 12 week program!
  • kbrt0516
    Thank you! It's going to kick my butt.
  • lauragabler7
    Well then you punch it in the face! :p
  • kbrt0516
    Hahaha yes!!!
  • nickibowen
    nickibowen Posts: 31 Member
    kbrt0516 wrote: »
    Hi! I am looking for fitness buddies to support and motivate each other. People who are serious about reaching their fitness goals. I have been called fat by family and friends since I was 13, I'm almost 23. I cringe when I look at pictures of myself and I'm tired of feeling gross and not being able to fit into clothes I like. I use to eat around 10,000 cal/day (ridiculous, I know) but now I eat no more than 1690cal/day. Let's be buddies and push each other to become our best!

That's great! Like the positive "I can do it" attitude! You can add me as a friend if you want. I'm on a similar journey. I'm currently at 180, having lost 20 lbs thru healthy eating and exercise. I have another 30 to go.
  • kbrt0516
    Thank you! I have 35 lbs left to go, ideally. I added you. :)
  • nickibowen
    Ok great thanks! I'm new to Mfp. What do I do now? Or is it that we are now on each other's newsfeeds?
    Stay positive! It affects more people than you can imagine!
  • kbrt0516
    I think you have to accept it. On your side bar << click on friends and then requests. My request should be there and you click the check mark. :) I hope so! I would love to be a support coach for people!
  • nickibowen
    Ok I found it thank you so much!
  • kbrt0516
    You're very welcome! :)