Is that clean eating

Options
Hi everyone i start my journey on 12/10/2014 so far i lost 20 i am 5'4 176 now 197 than
Thats what my daily menu most of the time
Breakfast
2 Eggs with one toast thin slice cheese
Snack
Protin shake with banana and frozen berries milk
Lunch
Turkey sandwich with letuce and mayo and greek yogurt
Snack is kind bar a love them or power crench bars
Dinner
Brown rice veggies and chicken
I workout 6 days a week on my treadmill 3 miles speed walking
I eat 1390 calories and burn 500
Is what im doing the right way to healthy clean eating life style

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is whatever you define it to be.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It depends on your definition of clean
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    It depends on your definition if clean

^this
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Not very much variety there.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    For one day it looks healthy but it isn't clean eating. Don't worry, you don't need to eat clean in order to eat healthy. All you need is to eat food that meets your micro and macro nutritional needs and, while you're trying to lose weight, puts you at a caloric deficit.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    ausf wrote: »
    Hi everyone i start my journey on 12/10/2014 so far i lost 20 i am 5'4 176 now 197 than
    Thats what my daily menu most of the time
    Breakfast
    2 Eggs with one toast thin slice cheese
    Snack
    Protin shake with banana and frozen berries milk
    Lunch
    Turkey sandwich with letuce and mayo and greek yogurt
    Snack is kind bar a love them or power crench bars
    Dinner
    Brown rice veggies and chicken
    I workout 6 days a week on my treadmill 3 miles speed walking
    I eat 1390 calories and burn 500
    Is what im doing the right way to healthy clean eating life style

Good for you op, anything you do to eat less, eat healthier option food and exercise is a good thing.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Especially because you are not eating back your exercise calories (your intake would be higher than 1400 if you were).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    For one day it looks healthy but it isn't clean eating. Don't worry, you don't need to eat clean in order to eat healthy. All you need is to eat food that meets your micro and macro nutritional needs and, while you're trying to lose weight, puts you at a caloric deficit.

but what makes it NOT clean? For someone it will be considered clean because this is an entirely subjective, baloney term.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    By some definitions of clean, you are, by most, you aren't. Protein shake, mayo, greek yogurt and snack bars are considered too "processed" by some clean eaters unless you make them yourself. Dairy in general is considered a "no" by some clean eaters too, so is rice. Basically you can't pinpoint the definition of the word unless you specify "eating clean according to X or Y".

Your day looks nice and healthy, so you don't need to worry too much about the semantics or try to place some arbitrary frames on the foods you eat. One thing you may want to do is increase your calories a bit if you are feeling tired or hungry. Netting 900 calories may be problematic for some people.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Clean eating is whatever you define it to be.
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    It depends on your definition of clean

This.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    By some definitions of clean, you are, by most, you aren't. Protein shake, mayo, greek yogurt and snack bars are considered too "processed" by some clean eaters unless you make them yourself. Dairy in general is considered a "no" by some clean eaters too, so is rice. Basically you can't pinpoint the definition of the word unless you specify "eating clean according to X or Y".

Your day looks nice and healthy, so you don't need to worry too much about the semantics or try to place some arbitrary frames on the foods you eat. One thing you may want to do is increase your calories a bit if you are feeling tired or hungry. Netting 900 calories may be problematic for some people.

bolded part is why clean eating is absolute rubbish …pardon the pun ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

OP listen to this ..

don't worry about twisting yourself into some variant of clean eating….
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

First time ive heard greek yogurt, mayo, and kind bars not clean.
    But thats why i dont buy into the clean eating hype. Just like this poster said, definition varies wildly.

Your eating plan looks not varied and could use another fruit. Variety is the spice of life and allows you to hit your micro goals better. You could also eat more
  • tlr526
    tlr526 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is a matter of perspective. For me, I eat foods that are not processed as much as possible...with fewer than three ingredients if I do have to buy a processed food....ingredients that are natural....I have food allergies, so it has become a way of life. My version of clean isn't the same as others, but it works for my system....and includes whole foods....which you may want to look to adding to your plan....a bit more variety of whole foods.
  • ausf
    ausf Posts: 51
    Options
    Ok thank you guys
  • dawny17
    dawny17 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Google clean eating magazine, it's a great resource and I think it can really help you with your meals. It offers a 2week meal plan in every issue. You don't have to order the magazine, the back issues are offered but the damn pop up to subscribe drives me crazy.... But it's worth it!