100-125 grams of fat
    550-600 grams of carbs
    225 grams of protein
    ~50 grams of fiber
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited February 2015
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Since I see this conversation is transitioning to protein some of you might find some of the information here interested.
    Thanks for the pointers. Bookmarked and will look when I have some time. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Since I see this conversation is transitioning to protein some of you might find some of the information here interested. The videos are long and the documents are long but if you are really interested in good information then you will make the time.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10083430/proteins-role-in-recovery#latest

Thanks!
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    I enjoy dataaaaaaaa. I guess I asked for % because it's easier to make sense for beginners but also it seemed like a good way to see information without having to know other stats like height and weight (a bigger person presumably eats bigger portions of protein than a little person generally). I do appreciate some of you clarifying why keeping track of your numbers might be better than percentages.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    With my large deficit I go by percentage of 35% protein simply because it's simple during weight loss when all my numbers are in flux. At maintenance 35% protein would be a lot, i think a set goal like 100 grams and let the other macros fall where they may would be more doable for me.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    In grams mine are

65 g of fat
    125-275g of carbs depending on where im at in my carb cycle.
    225g of protein
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Macros are the most important numbers to track for those wanting to lose weight. They mean less if you want to gain muscle. Carbs 30 / Fat 40 / Protein 30
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Macros are the most important numbers to track for those wanting to lose weight. They mean less if you want to gain muscle. Carbs 30 / Fat 40 / Protein 30

What? Care to give an explanation why?

I was not talking to you.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member

Well damn
  • Daiako
    P: 100 grams minimum
    F: 50 grams minimum
    Carbs: Idk, whatever?
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Daiako wrote: »

Well damn

Most bodybuilders (on MFP at least... the loud ones at least) do not bulk cleanly. They eat JUNK.
  • JimFsfitnesspal

Doesn't matter. Go ahead and explain to the OP and others in the thread what you meant.

I just did. You are one of the ones with a terrible diet and it will be funny when it catches up to you.
  • Daiako
    Daiako wrote: »

Well damn

Most bodybuilders (on MFP at least... the loud ones at least) do not bulk cleanly. They eat JUNK.

That doesn't mean you can't explain your point for the rest of us.
  • 15% carbs (usually around 50-60 g per day)
    25% protein (typically around 100 g per day)
    60% fat (typically around 100-110 g per day)
  • Daiako

Doesn't matter. Go ahead and explain to the OP and others in the thread what you meant.

I just did. You are one of the ones with a terrible diet and it will be funny when it catches up to you.

I always find that whole washy 'Do what I say or else at some vauge point in the future you might have this bad thing happen to you, but I can't actually prove it and have no evidence to back it up' argument kinda...well. Wishywashy